Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Musée Marmottan - anything there?
Notices

Musée Marmottan - anything there?

May 23rd, 2013, 01:49 AM
Original Poster

Musée Marmottan - anything there?

I'm a fan of Monet.

I'm wondering how much Monet there will be to see in Musée Marmottan when I'm in Paris in late June to mid July? There is a Monet exhibition here in Melbourne, Australia from 10 May to 8 September. So many exhibits are from Musée Marmottan. I'm sure Marmottan still has many exhibits to show in Paris. I plan to visit Marmottan whilst in Paris and travel to Melbourne in August to see some more.

So for those of you who visit Marmottan and find things missing, they are in Australia. Come on down!
May 23rd, 2013, 02:25 AM

I'm sure there'll still be plenty at the Marmottan, they won't be loaning everything out and if you don't find they have enough head over to the l'Orangerie they will NOT be sending their Monet's to Australia .
Also the collection at the Marmottan is so much more than just the Monets. I would visit just to see the Bouilly portraits or the illuminated manuscripts.
May 23rd, 2013, 02:29 AM

You could ask the museum direct what will be removed from the displays:
http://www.marmottan.fr/uk/contact_i...ion-musee-2508

They have collections of other painters, and some wonderful mediaeval illuminations.

For Monet, you will presumably also want to visit the Orangerie.
May 23rd, 2013, 03:28 AM
Original Poster

Being a Monet fan I have l'Orangerie at top of my list and still have every intention of visiting Marmottan as well. As the above two replies have said, there's more to see than Monet.

I've looked at the list of exhibits on the Melbourne exhibition website and the list looks appealing and worth a trip to Melbourne when I return.

Last year I went to Italy. Before going to Italy I had to travel to Canberra (Australia) to see exhibits from Accademia Carrara in Bergamo because it was closed and had sent exhibits to Australia. I still enjoyed my visit to Bergamo.

Art appears to be trying to come to me after I've organised to go to it. That's Ok.

Search this Thread