Munich to Frankfurt Itinerary

Old Jun 4th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Munich to Frankfurt Itinerary

We are driving from Munich to Frankfurt leaving on sept 26 2007. Here is our itinerary. Tell me what you think please.

Leave Munich at about 9:00am,

Drive to Mittenwald to our hotel Alpenrose (about 65 miles) and stay the night.

Leave Mittenwald at about 11:00 am,

Drive to Nordlingen to our hotel Braunes Ross (about 125 miles) and stay the night.

Leave Nordlingen at about 11:00 am,

Drive to Wurzburg to our hotel Maritim hotel Wurzburg (about 125 miles) and stay the night.

Leave Wurzburg at about 11:00 am and drive to Frankfurt (about 90 miles) to our hotel Steigenberger airport hotel.

We only have from the 26th to the 29th to make the drive.

Do you think we are trying to do too much in such a short time? We will try to see as many sights as possible in each town we stay in.
Also, What do you think of our hotel choices. Thank you.

Old Jun 4th, 2007, 06:02 PM

please, stop the schedule and have fun, this is a JOKE!
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 07:46 PM

I think you're right. An "itinerary" for a single-stage drive (albeit with an overnight stop somewhere along the way)? It's gotta be a joke!
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Original Poster

I don't understand what you mean by a "joke" ? Mittenwald Sept 26 Nordlingen Sept 27 Wurzburg sept 28! Am I missing something here?
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 09:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I may, your query made it sound like getting from A to B to C to D was paramount, and that you had no real interest in what lay between. I doubt if that is your feeling, but that's the impression it made to me, as you made zero mention of anything you intended to see while traveling, nor why you wanted to stay in the 3 towns.
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 09:27 AM

What part of Idaho's statement, "We will try to see as many sights as possible in each town we stay in" don't we seem to understand???
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

We will be in Paris for 6 night.

fly to Munich for two nights(Oktoberfest)

We have four nights left before we fly home.

We are leaving out of Frankfurt on purpose! We planned to do a small road trip (3 Nights) we rented a car so we could see as much of Germany as possible in such a short time. Giving ourselfs about 24 hours for each leg of the trip to " See as much as possible"

Thank you Dukey, You understood what I meant.
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 03:09 PM

I notice you plan to leave your lodging-town at 11:00 each day. Is that because you like to sleep in, or will you have other activities planned between breakfast and 11:00? The reason I ask is, with perhaps 3 hours of drive time between hotels, you don't leave much time for sightseeing.
For example, as I recall the tour of the Residenz in Wurzburg is about 1-1/2 hours long, more if you want to enjoy the Tieplo painting. And that's without seeing the Kappele, the Castle, or the central square.
You left out any comment about what you planned to see in those areas. So, taking the posted question at face value as stated, and no more ("Do you think we are trying to do too much in such a short time?), no, there's plenty of time between 11:00 and 5:00 each day to reach your destination. If you stop anywhere to view something interesting, that would change my response.
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Original Poster

We are just going wing it as far as sights go. We planned on 4 or 5 hours between each hotel. That puts us in to town about 3 or 4 pm with 5 or 6 hours of day light left. We will then see and/or do what is open or just walk around the towns... eat,drink and people watch.
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 05:15 PM

"Winging it" can be quite enjoyable. And we've done it ourselves, at length. But realize the burden which you put on people of this forum when you ask "are we trying to do too much?" without telling anyone what you're "trying to do"? From what I could see on your other posts, you didn't even respond with interest in anything anyone suggested, so how could we know what you're "trying to do"? Winging it describes both a hen with clipped wings flapping from its perch to the ground, and a hummingbird that migrates from Canada to Chile. There's a lot of ground in between.
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Original Poster

Good lord! Ok I will try again to explain what I meant. Are we trying to do too much? With only 3 nights is visiting 3 different town on the way to Frankfurt too much! OR should we stay in one town for 3 nights and drive to Frankfurt? Dang I didn't think I was asking such a hard question. I didn't say what we planned to do in the 3 towns because I don't know what there is to do in them yet! We don't leave for 103 days so we have time to reseach.
Never mind!
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 05:58 PM

Idaho- no you are not trying to do too much. It sounds even slower paced than what I did several years ago and we had a great time. You have picked great towns to spend the night in. Feel free to ask any more questions about the area.

I'm not sure I get why people are jumping on you about this. But then I have never understood why people who are posting for fun and to be helpful on a free board are so rude to posters. If you don't like their question, just don't respond. This is why I don't read this board as much as I used to.
Old Jun 6th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Bob_KY. I was hoping for replies like yours. All I wanted to know is if we could see a nice part of Germany in the short time we have with the itinerary I laid out. And if the towns and hotels we choose would be fun.
I wish we had more time in Germany but we don't. This is our first time in Europe so we wanted to maximize our experiance there with this short road trip.