Munich, Rome, Venice & Ibiza

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2015, 08:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This my fiancee' and I's first trip to Europe. We were invited to meet our friends at Oktoberfest in Munich to begin our trip and have a place in Ibiza to almost end our trip. We are meeting friends in Munich for their 10 year anniversary and have a place to stay at the end of September with them for 2 days, and end our trip in Ibiza 2 days before heading back to Barcelona for 1.5 days before we fly out. We are trying to plan the middle of the trip which is 5 days total (including travel time). We have decided Rome is a must and the Amalfi Coast for at least 2 days, and possibly Venice for 2 days, possibly Florence for 1 day before heading to Venice.

We have gone back and forth with an itinerary and need help with must see's, and possibly what we should cut out:

Arrive Munich and stay 2 days
Fly to Rome, stay 2 days,
Train to Florence for 1 day
Train to Venice for 1.5 days before flying to Ibiza
Ibiza 2 days
Barcelona 1.5 days and flying out in the morning.

Other questions, any must see's near Munich that we should consider seeing beyong the craziness in Oktoberfest, and I did want to go is Cinque Terre, but not sure that is possible. We are in our 30's and very active, but want to enjoy ourselves and not run ourselves completely to the ground.

P.S. This is a honeymoon before our wedding, since we are getting married in Mexico next March. If that helps with romantic spots.

Thank you in advance!
Old Aug 12th, 2015, 09:55 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
VERY difficult and VERY rushed. You are not allowing for travel times at all.

Better to count nights than 'days'. Are you staying 2 night in Munich, or 3? 2 nights is barely 1.5 jet lagged days. As for Rome - 2 nights or 3? If 2 nights after traveling from Munich you will have little more than one full day in the city.

As for Ibiza - if you are just staying 2 nights you will have one day plus maybe a few hours there.

So clarify how long the whole trip is - but if you are equating 'days' w/ 'nights' You don't have enough time for more than half of your plan stops. Since Munich and Ibiza are your musts -- stay one additional night in both and pick ONE other stop.
Old Aug 12th, 2015, 10:32 AM

I agree---this should be a 3 destination trip.
You have no idea of travel time.
Old Aug 12th, 2015, 07:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You need to verify you can fly direct from Venice to Ibiza in early October. I don't see any direct flights, and the connecting flights are very long journeys (4.5 hours or longer).

But there are direct flights (2 hours) Rome to Ibiza most days in early October.
Old Aug 13th, 2015, 05:01 AM

With the number of days so limited I suggest just Munich, Rome, and Ibiza and only flying between stops.
Old Aug 17th, 2015, 08:39 AM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone! We are staying 10 full days. I was thinking the same. We may just spend most of our time in 3 or 4 full days in Rome so that we can enjoy our time and it is an easy flight from Rome to Ibiza. If we stay in Rome and do the Amalfi Coast for a day, does anyone have recommendations on tours and where to stay? I am hoping it is not too busy at the end of September.
Old Aug 17th, 2015, 10:53 AM

The Amalfi Coast is IMO really not doable as a day trip from Rome. Stick to Rome this trip.
Old Aug 17th, 2015, 01:47 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I agree -- the AC is not a day trip from Rome. Do they sell commercial tours - sure. In fact some schlocky companies offer day tours from Rome that include both the Amalfi Coast AND Pompeii on the same trip. But they get your €€€ and you sit on the coach for hours.

To visit the AC you'd really need to stay overnight.