I'll be in Munich this Saturday through next Thursday early am. I have a jam-packed itinerary and would love some review. Per other comments, I'm going to skip the Residenz. I need most help with my Sunday, as it's a lot to do in one day. Also, is there some sort of "Munich Card" that I should buy? I'm planning on walking most places, aside from Nympenburg.
S8 from airport to Munich Central Station then walk to Aloft. Likely arriving around 3 pm or so
Bus 17 (Amalienburstraube) to Schloss Nyphenburg then walk
Nymphenburg palace and some of the other palaces until 6, then walk around the park - Thoughts on how to prioritize my time here? I figure I can do as many palaces as possible until 6 and then the gardens afterward. Do I just buy tickets on the day?
Geisel vinotek at 8:15 pm
SUNDAY: Will this be complicated visiting Churches on a Sunday?
English Garden - I guess early? When does it open?
St Ludwig Church and Siegestor (Victory Gate)
Walk by residenz and national theatres
Schmann lunch and bar?
a few churches and other things: Frauenkirke; Michaelkirke and New Town Hall and Marenplatz square.
Asamurke and Sendler Tor; Theatrekirke ?
Dinner: Hofbrauhaus? Somewhere else around there? Just planning to walk in - no reservation.
China Moon for a drink afterward
Can any churches be cut? I know I'm missing a lot of the big museums (history, BWM, etc, but I think I like this plan better)
Leave 8:30 am but should arrive at 8 am. Taking Gray Line full day tour to Linderhof and Neuschwenstein.
Weinhaus Nuener 8 pm
Antiques museum - open at 10 am
quick lunch? Recommendations?
Stadtische Galerie im Lenbachhaus - must do
Egyptian Museum = open until 8 pm
Have dinner reservations at Steinheil 16 at 8:15, but I'll be having a lot of heavy food and might consider somewhere else really close. Thoughts about Cafe Vorhoelzer forum or somewhere else?
Cafe Luitpold for dessert
Alte Pinakothek - 10 am
Pinakothek der moderne
Neue Pinatek - open until 8 pm. How much time do I need here? I love impressionism so this will be an important museum for me.
Dinner Sophia's 8:30 pm
I know it's a ton of museums those two days, but they are all close and I am maximizing my late nights. Is there some sort of "museum pass" or something I should consider? Or does ticket to one place get me in another?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 2 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 5 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 6 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 7 Malaga Christmas lights
- 8 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 9 Trans Siberian Train
- 10 Tips for first trip to UK
- 11 Scotland ideas
- 12 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 13 London vacation rental agency
- 14 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 15 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 16 South of France
- 17 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 18 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 19 My France Vacation
- 20 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 21 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 22 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 23 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 24 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 25 Pubs showing NFL football in London?