Munich hotel, 4 people per room

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 02:16 PM
Dan

Munich hotel, 4 people per room

This is a repost...Any suggestions for places to stay in Munich that allow four people in 1 room (2 adults, 2 teens). It seems that many hotels only allow 2 per room. Looking for a moderately priced room. Thanks.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 02:19 PM
uncle sam

Try Hotel Uhland ..they have a website.'

We stayed there once with my teenage son i.e. 3 to a room.

US

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 02:22 PM
nick

For what you are looking for you may be best going for the youth hostel.Asuite will be able to take that number but may be expensive. I was there years ago and it was a complete and utter hole allowing entry only after 5pm, but I think it has changed - for the better!Also check out Priceline - Marriott for $60 or less - get 2 rooms.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 02:47 PM
Betsy

Took the words right out of my mouth, Nick. If you're unfamiliar with Priceline, Dan, go to www.biddingfortravel.com and scroll down to European hotels. You'll find a list of hotels that PL uses in Munich. The moderators at the site will help you construct your bid. You could probably get two rooms for $60 each at the Marriott or equivalent. If your teens are old enough, they'd probably love having their own room (not to mention their parents). After you've secured your PL reservation, you could phone the hotel and request connecting rooms. Let us know what you end up with.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 03:45 PM
Mary Ann

Hi Dan
We are staying at a 2 bedroom apartment at Pension Seibel in Munich which is near the old city center I believe. It is 155 euros a night for 4 adults for the 2 bedrooms and one bath, plus breakfast for 4 each day. Parking is near by. I do not have their email handy but they do have a web site (this rate is for next sept. before Oktoberfest). Be sure to go direct and not through a booking agent, who tries to charge a commission. The place is recommended by Rick Steves, as friendly and great location but not spotless and no elevator. Hope this helps, Mary Ann

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 08:50 PM
Betsy

Heads up re the Seibel, Dan. There was a post yesterday, I think (not yet indexed) that highlighted how dingy and shabby it is. You may want to search back through previous posts for it. The word "Seibel" was in the title. One of the responses was mine. Not our best pension experience. Breakfast and location were good though.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 02:22 AM
bill

We wrote one of the posts on the Seibel--the only bad accomodations on our trip to Germany last year. The location is very good, the breakfast a typical German pension breakfast, but our room and other rooms we saw were dirty, dingy, poorly maintained. And they gave us a problem when we went to pay with our credit card, even though they had assured us that credit cards were fine.

It was survivable for 3 nights, but we won't stay there again.

We found it it was a Rick Steves recommended place when he showed up for breakfast. I wonder if he removed it from his list after that visit, or maybe they have a special clean, well-maintained room in case a travel writer drops by.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 03:26 AM
xxx

Another suggestion for Hotel Uhland. We stayed there several years ago with 2 teens. They do have family rooms. Another year, we stayed at the Hotel Torbrau sp??? It was more expensive, and the room was no bigger than hotel Uhland.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:36 AM
Dan

Thanks all for the reply's. I will check into all of them!

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:54 AM
Russ

If you're staying for at least several days, I think you would do well to look into an apartment. Here's one:

www.vacationvillas.net/index.cfm/holidayrental/20404.cfm

You can go to the vacationvillas main page and do a keyword search for Munich. It might also be a good idea to look for places on the outskirts - Herrsching, Diessen, Schwabing, etc., where apartments are in greater abundance, and shuttle into town on the S-bahn.