Trying to convince my kids that Disney is crap and that we need to go Europe My work schedule only allows for travel between December and early March. I'm kind of over the beach destinations. My 10 y/o girl loves history/castles/animals etc, 15 y/o girl loves urban, shopping etc. Hubby and I love history, food and beer! Sadly for us, we do not do winter sports (but live in New England so the cold is not an issue). I was thinking of trying to plan out a 10 day Bruges/Berlin/Austria itinerary but am totally open to suggestions. I have never been to any of these places. I am looking for advice on cities to visit, things to see and more importantly best way to travel in to/ out of and between them. This would be the girls first visit out of US experience. The older one is a pretty picky eater and usually sways towards the vegetarian side of her diet. I speak very minimal french (I mention this as I dont know if English is commonly spoken in these places). I have visited and driven in Australia and Ireland, visited but not driven throughout Italy. I am not at all opposed to driving in new places!
Any help and suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Thanks a ton!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My France Vacation
- 2 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 3 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 4 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 5 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 6 Where to stay in Naples?
- 7 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 8 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 9 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 10 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 11 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 12 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 13 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 14 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 15 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 16 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 17 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 18 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 19 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 20 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 21 CACHOPO, CABRALES & CARBAYONES Asturias..and "The Best Steak in The World"
- 22 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 23 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 24 Best Greek Island
- 25 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy