I am going to move to London for work and I am looking for some recommendations and advice on where to live.
I am a young, single professional and my work will be based in Canary Wharf. My salary is likely to be about £55,000. I prefer to live alone, as I have had enough with flat/house share. I am happy with a small studio or one bedder.
Ideally, I'd like to live in a relatively safe area on the Jubilee line or the DLR line that links to Canary Wharf. I would also love for the the maximum time for a one way commute to work to take a maximum of 30 minutes.
My budget for rent is maximum £320 per week for rent. I understand that bills and council tax is likely to add £100 - £120 per week to that.
I would be really grateful for any suggestions or advice, including whether assuming that I can pay up to £320 in rent per week on a £55K salary is realistic with the expense of living in London and is likely to get me a place with the type of features I am looking for.
Also, if you have any suggestions about the best sites to search for rentals, that would be great. I know rightmove.co.uk is one of them. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CHARTER 1800~681:7208 Password Reset Contact CHARTER Tec*h Sup0rt LoL
- 2 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 3 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 4 First time in Spain
- 5 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 6 Where to leave luggage while touring Amsterdam for 10 hours
- 7 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 8 Luggage lockers in Amsterdam
- 9 Barcelona to Malaga
- 10 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 11 Paris November 2017
- 12 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 13 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 14 Camino de Santiago - tour companies?
- 15 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 16 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 17 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 18 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 19 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 20 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 21 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 22 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 23 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 24 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 25 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)