Reload this Page >

Moules-frites in Paris?

Search

Moules-frites in Paris?

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2001, 01:06 PM
Joan

Moules-frites in Paris?

Heard there is a beer bar on rue Soufflot that is supposed to have the best moules-frites in Paris. Does anyone know the name and address of this place?

Old May 9th, 2001, 01:32 PM
janice

Dear Joan, <BR>It's La Gueuze, at 19 Rue Soufflot. Easy to find - Soufflot is only about 2 blocks long. And there are a couple of great hotels right up the hill from there at the Pantheon - Hotel du Pantheon and Hotel des Grandes Hommes. (owned by the same woman) You'll also be just a couple of blocks from Brasserie Balzar, which is one of my favorites. <BR>Have a great trip!

Old May 9th, 2001, 02:20 PM
Capo

Thanks for that info, Janice (and for your question, Joan.) <BR> <BR>That brings back memories. Two friends & I were in Paris back in '96, we stayed on the nearby Rue Cujas, and had a few "happy hours" at La Gueuze. (Didn't know this about their moules-frites though.)

Old May 9th, 2001, 04:52 PM
xxx

What's a moules-frites?

Old May 9th, 2001, 05:01 PM
Susan

Moules-frites is mussels and frites (fries). I haven't had them in Paris, but I have had them at a wonderful Belgian restaurant here in Toronto.

Old May 9th, 2001, 06:32 PM
kmarie

Susan, I know we're 'in' Europe on this board but we're also planning a trip to Toronto for the end of July. Would you please share the name of the wonderful Belgian restaurant? Merci!

Old May 10th, 2001, 05:33 AM
Susan

The restaurant is called Cafe Brussells. It's on Broadview at Danforth (almost across from the Broadview subway station). That's on the edge of the Greek part of town (a great area for restaurants). They have a fairly extensive menu, plus several specials. But they really do have wonderful mussels - maybe 20 different kinds? Also Belgian beers. <BR> <BR>It's always been quite busy when I've been there. I think they may have a small patio. I would recommend reservations if you do go. I hope you like it.

Old May 10th, 2001, 07:43 AM
kmarie

Sounds like a great place to try! Merci!

Old May 10th, 2001, 08:23 AM
janice

topping for Joan

Old May 10th, 2001, 10:08 AM
xxx

Is la Gueuze open on Sundays or Mondays? I know some places are closed those days.

Old May 10th, 2001, 01:12 PM
Joan

Thank you for the information Janice. This is one of my husband's and my favorite dishes and the bar was mentioned in a book written by a chef and cookbook writer but she neglected to give the name. Will definitely go there and try them as well as the beer.