Search

Mothers-in-law

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 03:37 PM
Herman

Mothers-in-law

Have any of you guys encountered difficulty getting hotel accommodations while traveling with your mother-in-law? My wife and I have noticed that Hilton Hotels are pretty receptive to them. We've also noticed that if we ask her mother to stay in the car during check in, and not approach the front desk, the odds of getting in are improved. <BR>Any suggestions would be appreciated. <BR> <BR>Herman

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 03:39 PM
whay

HUH??????????????

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 03:46 PM
I'm with huh

Good grief, what does your mother-in-law look like??!! Maybe a mask or a paper bag would improve the odds. Wish I could offer more help.

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 03:48 PM
Munsters?

Now I get it. You must be Herman Munster. It's perfectly understandable that she may not be accepted. Keep her in the trunk!

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 06:45 AM
Sally

Finally, a funny troll!

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 07:23 AM
Anon

OMG! YES! YES! YES!!! <BR>We have to take her in under cover of night or her snarling scares the hotelier and other guests! She doesn't look so bad, but, the minute she opens her mouth, watch out. <BR>

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 07:28 AM
emmy

Are you one of the mamania's shown on 60-minutes last night in the USA?

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 08:11 AM
trying

I think it depends on the mother in law. Some are well behaved, but others.... How have you done with the flights? Several people on this board can't stand when someone brings their MIL on board. SAs for hotels: We only have trouble when my mother in law opens her mouth.... Usually, though, she is polite and, if our hotel room need cleaning, she typically spends all day doing it herself, rather than seeing the sights.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 05:04 PM
nancy

Travel with my MIL??!! <BR>I would rather eat kitty litter! <BR>Used!! <BR>Sorry, MIL, but it is true.

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 05:45 AM
Pain

The car rental agency refused to give us our reserved car. They said there was a strong stench coming from one of the people in our group...guess who?