Reload this Page >

Most central place to stay in Budapest?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 03:39 PM
vicki

Having never been to Budapest, where is the most central area to stay? Thanks for any help. Vicki

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 03:58 PM
s.fowler

The answer to your question depends on your price category. I find hotel Victoria "central" -- it is in Buda -- but it gives you good access to both Buda and Pest. If you have more $$ well then consider the Marriott or the Intercontinental. You can do a search to find many discussion of this issue.

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 07:33 PM
Linda

I don't know how much you want to spend but the Gellert is one of the most central hotels & the coffee/dessert bar is great, baths as well.

Old Jul 4th, 2001, 04:24 AM
Dave

We stayed at the Intercontinental and found that you could walk to most places. Also, there is a trolley stop near it. I would suggest that the Pest side is more convenient to most places.

Old Jul 4th, 2001, 04:42 AM
Mary Ann

My vote is for Castle Hill. The Hilton if you want a little more luxury or the Kulturinov if you want less expensive (It is in the wing of a government building across the street from the Hilton and Matthias Church). Castle Hill is on the Buda side, cobblestone streets, very quaint. Easy walk across the Bridge to Pest. Coming back take the incline up. Or take the bus/trolley over to Pest or to Gellert for the thermal baths. We found the pest side to be more commercial. The view, the restaurants and the ambiance made our stay on the hill the best (we stayed at the kulturinov). <BR>Have fun!!