I am leaving on vacation with my family in less than 5 days. We are a couple in our mid 30s and our 3 year old boy. Would appreciate help from Fodorites.
I am putting down the details of my trip below. I am a little unsure of the Mosel valley and Blackforest part of the trip. All help appreciated..
26th June - Fly into Brussels and leave for Brugges the same day
26th - 29th June (3 nights) - Brugges (Belgium)
29th June - Leave for Ernst (5 Km from Cochem) - by train (would most likely arrive by late evening)
29 June - 2nd July - 3 nights at Ernst
2rd - 4th July (2 nights) - Plan to spend it in the Black Forest towns
4th - 6th July (2 nights) - Fussen
6th - 9th July (3 nights) - Munich
9th - 12th July (3 nights) - Zell Am See (Austria)
12 July - Leave for Vienna and fly out on 13th July
Now the help that I require:
We were initially thinking of taking the romantic road, but after reading reports of the black forest, decided to take this route.
I am looking for good scenery with an option to stop at small quaint towns. I would like to visit the Cockoo clock factory, the waterfalls and maybe take short hikes / walks (here we might be a little constrained because of our little boy).
We are looking at a 2 night stop, on our way from Cochem to Fussen.
1. I would like to avoid large towns like Baden Baden and feel we should stay at either Gengenbach or Schiltach.
Considering the driving distance, would like to take a stop before these places - any suggestions?
2. I read posts on car vs train and am still a little undecided. Do we need a car to move around in the Mosel valley? Would it be more convenient?
Also can the Black forest be enjoyed by train?
Any suggestions / comments are welcome.
Thanks a lot.. Look forward to hearing for you on this..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL @ Passwords Reset Contact $ 1800~681 7208 $ AOL Tec*h ak47baba
- 2 AOL! AOL-password-recovery-CONTACT-☎-1800-681-7208-AOL-Tec*h-24-7
- 3 2 nights between Munich and Slovenia
- 4 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 5 How best to see the Douro Valley?
- 6 My France Vacation
- 7 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 8 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 9 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 10 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 11 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 12 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 13 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 14 Iceland driving in March
- 15 Malaga Christmas lights
- 16 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 17 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 18 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 19 Is it hard to find a job in Nikolaev, Ukraine?
- 20 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 21 London vacation rental agency
- 22 Greece during Easter week or August
- 23 Northern Spain road trip
- 24 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 25 Help with Spain itinerary