I'll be visiting Barcelona in a couple of weeks. I would like to visit Montserrat one of the days I am there.
Friday, September 8 seems to be a pilgrimage day to Montserrat according to an old New York Times article:
<< A monastery has stood on the same site in Montserrat since the early Middle Ages, though the present 19th-century building replaced the rubble left by Napoléon's troops in 1812. The shrine is world-famous, and one of Catalonia's spiritual sanctuaries: honeymooning couples flock here by the thousands seeking La Moreneta's blessing on their marriages, and twice a year, on April 27 and September 8, the diminutive statue of Montserrat's Black Virgin becomes the object of one of Spain's greatest pilgrimages.>>
I imagine that day will be very crowded.
The only other day I have available is Sunday, Sept 10. Anyone have any experience with how crowded it will be on a Sunday, please?
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 2 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 3 Algarve Town Selection
- 4 Tips for first trip to UK
- 5 paris to london- day trip
- 6 Browsing Barcelona
- 7 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 8 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 9 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 10 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 11 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 12 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 13 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 14 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 15 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 16 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 17 Portugal
- 18 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 19 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 20 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 21 GTG Paris December 2017
- 22 10 Days in Austria
- 23 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 24 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 25 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)