Montecatini, Italy-anyone been there?

Old Feb 13th, 1999, 02:28 PM
Denise Scandiffio

Montecatini, Italy-anyone been there?

I will be in the Tuscany region in the beginning of April and am staying in Montecatini Terme. From there I will travel to Florence, Lucca, Sienna, etc. Can anyone tell me anything about Montecatini;favorite restaurants, etc.
Thanks,
Denise

Old Feb 14th, 1999, 12:17 PM
Linda Freedman

Check out the two Italy travelogues on our non-commercial web site, TheTravelzine.com, for information on our favorite restaurants in Lucca and Florence. If you have an interest in reading about our experiences at thermal spas, you'll find that on our web site as well - although we've never been to Montecatini Terme. Happy Travels! Linda&Don http://thetravelzine.com

Old Feb 14th, 1999, 03:42 PM
denise scandiffio

Thanks, I will check your site.
Denise

Old Feb 16th, 1999, 06:15 PM
Jan

Denise,
My husband & I are making that same trip in November with Grand Circle Tours. I'd love to hear your trip stories when you get back. Also interested in replies to your question on the forum.

Old Feb 19th, 1999, 09:30 AM
Gale

Denise, My husband and I were in Montecantini in '92 and I can't imagine it's changed much since then. It appeared to be a favorite place for Germans' on vacation, Just charming and fun to walk around. We had no problem finding small restrurants and good meals,. It is a fairly long drive to Florence, as I recall. We were to have stayed there but due to the AIDs conferance the tour company substituted Montecantini. We were disappointed not to be staying in Florence but pleased with the new location. Enjoy!