My fiance and I will be spending 2 nights in Montalcino during our honeymoon, and we're looking for a home base where we can be really extravagant and treat ourselves. We'll be looking to spend our 2 nights and one and a half days there taking in a wine tour/tasting or two and having some really kick ass lunches & dinners - we're very open to suggestions here! We've narrowed down to the two hotels below: Castello Banfi and Castello Di Velona. Velona is significantly cheaper though still breathtaking, and would give us more money to spend on meals and cool activities in the area (we will have a rental car so we can drive to different neighboring areas), while Banfi is the #1 hotel in the area and has rave reviews.
Has anyone stayed at either resort, and if so would you recommend it? What do you think we should do? Below I've listed out all of the information I've compiled on each.
Castello Banfi Il Borgo:
Double Room Riserva – Total with VAT: $2,029
Include breakfast, soft drink mini bar and parking
#1 of all hotels in Montalcino - tripadvisor reviews: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g635634-d648286-Reviews-Castello_Banfi_Il_Borgo-Montalcino_Tuscany.html
Castello Di Velona:
Three Room Options:
Spa Deluxe: $1,225 - http://www.ehc.it/castello-di-velona-montalcino/en/spa-deluxe.htm
Spa Exclusive: $1,542 - http://www.ehc.it/castello-di-velona-montalcino/en/spa-exclusive-room.htm
Spa Junior Suite: $1,586 - http://www.ehc.it/castello-di-velona-montalcino/en/spa-junior-suite.htm
Include breakfast & taxes.
#3 of all hotels in Montalcino - tripadvisor reviews; http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g635634-d295633-Reviews-Castello_di_Velona-Montalcino_Tuscany.html
Thanks in advance for all of your insights and help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hertz, Lisbon, Fraud Warning
- 2 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 3 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 4 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 5 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 6 Paris November 2017
- 7 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 8 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 9 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 10 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 11 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 12 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 13 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 14 Barcelona to Malaga
- 15 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 16 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 17 Christmas week in Ireland
- 18 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 19 Salerno as a base to visit Amalfi Coast
- 20 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 21 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 22 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 23 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 24 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report
- 25 Connecting trains in Chambery
Montalcino Hotel: Castello Banfi Il Borgo vs. Castello Di Velona