Reload this Page >

Mont St. Michel Day Trips???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 10:37 AM
Viv

I am looking to day trip to Mt. St. Michel this summer -- the people I have found are http://www.gotoparis.net/gotoparis/daytrip1.htm#Mont%20St%20Michel<BR><BR>Has anyone had any experience with this company? Do you know of any other tour operators/ways to get to MSM that you highly recommend?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 11:39 AM
MHS

We took the high speed train and then bus -- it worked out great. Either with a tour or on your own it's a long day. Bought the tickets at Monparnesse station on Saturday for Monday trip -- no problem.<BR>TGV TRAIN TO RENNES <BR>GARE MONTPARNESSE 2ND CLASS SEAT Departing: PARIS MONTPARNASSE at 07:10<BR>Arriving: RENNES 09:13<BR><BR>Les Couriers Bretons bus left at 9:45 am. -- it's just outside the station and to the right. Takes about 1.5 hrs. Last bus from Mont was 5pm. Had late dinner back in Paris (Cr&eacute;merie Restaurant Polidor, 41 rue Monsieur le Prince in 6eme).<BR><BR>It was a fantastic day. You can get a tour in English at the Mont; I believe it was free, done by volunteers; we did give the guide a contribution.<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Viv

Thanks, MHS -- anyone else have any suggestions or ideas?

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 05:20 PM
Sue

While I was in Paris in May I did a daytrip to Mont St. Michel with a company called "Paris Bus Service". They have brochures in the hotels. They will only take a maximum of 6 people (there were 5 that day)- pick you up at your hotel, put you on a TGV at Gare Montparnasse, and a guide/driver picks you up in a car/van in Rennes for the hour's drive to Mont St. Michel. A nice lunch was included at a hotel overlooking the Mont. Then the driver took us to the Mont, where we had a couple of hours on our own to see the Abbey, etc. He drove us back to Le Mans train station, and back to Paris on the TGV. They also pick you up at Montparnasse to take you back to your hotel. We were back by 8:00 PM (left around 8:30 AM). Very nice, and easy! Mont St. Michel is well worth seeing. The only downside was the price - 234 euros, but I was glad I did it. I had done a previous daytrip with this same company last year (using the TGV) to Chenonceaux, Chambord, and Clos Luce. Also expensive but worth it, and the young French guide was marvelous. He was also the one to pick us up for Mont St. Michel. We were on our own in the chateaux, and had plenty of time.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 10:11 AM
Christina

I can't make a personal recommendation, but I know the main tour companies in Paris do this (at least one of them), either, or both, www.parisvision.com or www.cityrama.com<BR><BR>So, you might check their itineraries, they looked reasonable for a day trip, with good price.