hotel near on the St. Michel side of Luxembourg Gardens

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi--a friend is planning a late June trip to Paris and she would like a recommended hotel below $250 a nite with a/c fairly close to the Foyer International des Etudiantes which is in the same area--the St. Michel side of the Luxembourg Gardens. We usually stay elsewhere in Paris and I could not personally offer suggestions--so if you have some good ones, I would be quite grateful. Many thanks.

Robyn France
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 12:01 PM

We love Hotel St Jacques on Rue des Ecoles - http://www.paris-hotel-stjacques.com/
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 02:51 PM

I know where that place is as I knew people who stayed there and I almost did once. It's south of the Sorbonne/Pantheon a bit on bd St Michel. When you said the St Michel side, I first assumed you meant place St Michel and it isn't in that direction.

There are several nice 3* hotels around the Pantheon: H du Pantheon, H des Grands Hommes and some new one that is a boutique hotel on rue St Jacques which has high ratings on Tripadvisor, I believe (Le Petit Paris). There Elysa Luxembourg is closer to that foyer and is at the corner of bd St MIchel and rue Gay Lussac. The 3* Observatoire Luxembourg is also very close to the foyer.

For more budget hotels, the Hotel des Mines is very close and there is a budget one down rue Gay Lussac, also, I forget the name right now.

I myself stayed at the 3* Trianon Rive Gauche which is fairly close, just a bit off bd St Michel a bit north of the Luxembourg RER stop--I liked it a lot. Of course there are some around the Sorbonne, also (eg, Hotel de la Sorbonne, Hotel Select, etc.).
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 02:47 AM

We spent a week at the Grand Hotel St Michel in 2009 and loved it. It's 5 minutes from the RER B at Luxembourg:

http://www.hotel-saintmichel-paris.com/
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 03:47 AM
Original Poster

Thanks -only meant on Boul Mich across from park, not at Place BM. Those recommendations are very helpful.
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 04:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
We stayed at the Hotel du Pantheon. Hotel was very nice and we had a room looking at the Pantheon. We were able to take the metro from CDG to Luxembourg station and be very near the hotel. Had to walk about 200 yards from the station to the hotel up a slight grade. Richard www.hoteldupantheon.com/
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 11:02 AM

FYI, that foyer is roughly in the middle between the Luxembourg and Port Royal RER stops, as I recall, near rue de l'Abbe de l'Epee. Depends how close she wants to be to the foyer in the hotel. If the goal is to walk with luggage, anything within a block would do. I haven't stayed there, but the Observatoire Luxembourg is only a few doors away, as I recall, and is probably the closest 3* hotel http://www.observatoirehotel.com/uk/index.php

I could have sworn they have AC as I almost stayed there once for that reason as I was in the neighborhood, but it doesn't mention that on their website. If interested, I'd check that to be sure. They seem to have good reviews on Tripadvisor.

But if one wants to just be within a few blocks, the ones around Pantheon would be nice (and actually a better location IMO, the bd south where that foyer is can get a bit dull).
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Original Poster

These are so helpful. Thanks.