Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Monday's Poll: What are other Non-Travel Internet Forum Groups Do You Frequent? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/mondays-poll-what-are-other-non-travel-internet-forum-groups-do-you-frequent-416488/)

rcc Mar 29th, 2004 04:31 AM

Monday's Poll: What are other Non-Travel Internet Forum Groups Do You Frequent?

I thought it would be fun to know what interests others in this board.

yawning Mar 29th, 2004 04:45 AM

I love driving and taking care of my cars, so I'm also mostly in a couple of BMW-specific forums.

I also love food and wine - Chowhound.

DeirdreStraughan Mar 29th, 2004 04:55 AM

One group specifically for expats in Italy, one which covers both expats and travellers in Italy, two alumni groups for my school (Woodstock School, India), and eGullet.

best regards,
Deirdré Straughan

http://www.straughan.com

rcc Mar 29th, 2004 05:02 AM

Deirdre:

I just knew that this would be more fun than I anticipated!

I visited your school on a couple of occasions for sports meet when I was at AES in Delhi - mid-70's.

BDM Mar 29th, 2004 05:33 AM

There may be a trend appearing here. . .

I also visit Chowhound and EGullet. They are excellent compliments to this site.

Brian

sfowler Mar 29th, 2004 05:34 AM

Is there anythng besides travel?? ;)

taylor_made Mar 29th, 2004 06:04 AM

Another one for Chowhound here.
I'm also regular with a private co-alumni message board.

mr_go Mar 29th, 2004 06:19 AM

I'm better known as Mr. Fabulous at fark.com (mostly wacky commentary on current events), and Mr. MidFi at audioreview.com's Rave Recordings board (music discussion). Maybe I should check out that chowhound site, too.

rcc Mar 29th, 2004 06:50 AM

mr. go:

That fark.com website is something else. What with discussion topics such as "Man living in a feces and hay-coated home full of 70 goats may have mental problems" or "New York City is declared the safest city to drive in".

In response to sfowler, I guess for some of us here, there are other aspect of lives outside of Fodors.

hippirep Mar 29th, 2004 08:01 AM

Another vote for chowhound. I won't go anywhere without checking out the hounds for the good food advice.

carolyn Mar 29th, 2004 08:02 AM

I love the Readers Paradise Forum on Glyphs.com

sandykins Mar 29th, 2004 08:32 AM

I go to egullet.com and chowhound.com. Food and travel go hand in hand.

I also go to motherinlawstories.com when in need of therapy or laughs.

sfowler Mar 29th, 2004 09:14 AM

Ah yes ... life :D

The question was: What non-travel related forums do we frequent.

Nothing was said, thus nothing can be inferred about whether this is the only travel board we frequent ;)

ezlivin Mar 29th, 2004 09:34 AM

sfowler: "We"? I guess rcc was not clear.

However, unless there's a group typing-on-single-PC-thing going on where you are, you shouldn't arrive at the conclusion that others here have no lives nor interests outside of travel.

ezlivin Mar 29th, 2004 09:40 AM

There's a Wine Enthusiast group that I frequent and, of course, Chowhound.
Oh, and, I also get into the audioreview.com to get information on my home theater and stereophile interests.

sfowler Mar 29th, 2004 10:21 AM

Remind me not to try humor on a Monday morning.

tcl Mar 29th, 2004 10:45 AM

Poor sfowler. If it's any consolation, I did get your humor (even on a Monday!). :)

Nomadic1 Mar 29th, 2004 11:12 AM

Timezone.com

Owning and wearing fine watches is a passion of mine.

LoriNY Mar 29th, 2004 11:36 AM

A question for chowhound addicts - is there a facility for doing a search on that website like Fodors. I love chowhound, but it takes to long to find what I am looking for.

ezlivin Mar 29th, 2004 02:09 PM

sfowler:

It must have been the sordid thought of the start of another work week. Kinda slow on my end to recognize your humor.

Keep it up with the rumor. We all need it. I'll just have to read them after every Wednesdays.