Notices

Missed train in France

Apr 19th, 2013, 02:51 AM
Original Poster

Missed train in France

If I book a sequence of trains in France and the train on one leg runs late causing us to miss the next leg and the latter is booked on a "loisir reduit" discount ticket will I have to buy a new ticket for that leg or will SNCF accept that the fault was theirs and exchange my ticket for a place on the next available train. The example I am looking at booking is Avignon dep 8.38/arr 9.10 Nimes dep 9.28/arr 13.19 Agen where the second train (from Nimes) is a compulsory reservation on an "loisir reduit" ticket. If trains are on time 18 minutes should be adequate but what happens if it is late.
Apr 19th, 2013, 02:59 AM
Original Poster

I meant to correct this before submitting: its a "LOISIR" ticket ("Service d'échange et de remboursement gratuit jusqu'à la veille du départ, avec retenue de 10 euros le jour du départ, non échangeable et non remboursable après départ.")i.e stated to be not exchangeable after departure.
Apr 19th, 2013, 03:24 AM

You can take the next train but you'll have to pay the difference if the ticket is more expensive.
Rules differ if the train is a TGV, an Intercité or a TER.
Apr 19th, 2013, 07:29 AM

If your first train is late and fails to connect with the second train, SNCF aren't going to force you to pay for another ticket on a later train. You catch the next train.

SNCF are selling you a ticket for the whole journey on the understanding that the connecting times will work - if there's a delay SNCF will sort it out for you.

Search this Thread