Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Missed the fare for lack of a travel partner

Notices

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 04:54 PM
mary ann

just missed out on the united efare for paris.
was 435 rt from chicago. why? because i didn't have a friend who could take off with me. hubby has no vacation time left and i was in a 14 day stretch just waiting to go somewhere.
so my question..have any of you gotten together for a quick trip?
if so how did it go?
thanks in advance for any info.

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 07:29 PM
carmen

Equivalent to setting out on a 96 hour (or longer) blind date?

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 10:35 PM
Helena

Don't be discouraged. Great fares happen more often than you'd think, and another opportunity will come up.

Old Oct 23rd, 1999, 03:50 AM
Maira

Definitely understand... I was on the same boat this last week. USAirways-ESavers had a fare of $258 to Paris from the airport 1/2 hour from my house!! (offer good from 10/23-11/4). I may still jump at it if I get done with a business matter on the 28th...

The best thing is have a list of people that has passports and flexibility ahead of time.

I could meet you there...

Old Oct 23rd, 1999, 04:13 AM
Walter

I know that "missed out feeling". I'm leaving for Italy on Nov.4, and IcelandAir just e-mailed me that for $99 O/W I can fly from Boston to London, Paris, A'dam, or Frankfurt.
Regards, Walter

Old Oct 24th, 1999, 08:29 AM
lola

How bout giving an inexpensive companion ticket as a birthday or holiday gift to someone who otherwise wouldn't go--child, friend, grandchild, other relative, co-worker. It's a win-win situation, sure to pay back in good will and warm feelings --and you'll have a delighted companion, and won't miss the trip. (I've done it; it's the best!)