Reload this Page >

Minoan ferry from Crete to Santorini

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 10:27 AM
karyn

Has anyone taken this ferry? What accomodations would you recommend? We are thinking about taking a ferry that Leaves Crete in the evening arriving at 12:45 the next day. We will have kids 11 and 15. Anyone use the cabins?<BR>Thanks<BR>Karyn

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 04:05 PM
Sue

Hi,<BR><BR>I am not sure, but make sure the ferry does not arrive at 12:45 a.m. We took an over night ferry from Piraues(Athens) to Santorini and it left at 10:00p.m. and got into Santorini at 7:00 a.m. Crete to Santorini does not appear to be that far. Other wise the staterooms are OK, but this is a ferry. They are not luxurious at all. They were clean and we had our own bath, but if the trip is not too far I would rather go during the day and sit outside. I wanted to arrive into the port of Santorini and I did not want to spend all day on the ferry. Sleeping for the journey to me was great. It was our hotel for the night. The food on the ferries is horrible. It a ferry.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 05:32 PM
martha

Is Minoan the name of the ferry or the name of shipping line? Also are you arriving at 12:45 AM or 12:45PM?

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 08:38 PM
Karyn

Minoan is the name of the lines. Also it arrives at 12:45 AM. I believe it's about a 4 hour trip, but my younger child might want to sleep.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 03:39 PM
Lori

I took a Minoan ferry from Santorini to Heraklion (Crete) last April. The seas were very rough. We did not buy a cabin, and I regretted it. Depending on whether you or your children are prone to seasickness, I would consider a cabin.

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 03:52 AM
xxx

If the seas are rough, a cabin won't make much difference regarding seasickness <BR><BR>Since the trip is short (3:45 hours) and kids almost certainly will take most of the time wandering around, I´d take normal aircraft type seats accomodations.