Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Millesime Hotel in Paris - any opinions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 01:49 PM
Karen

We are planning our vacation for June - this replaces the trip we cancelled on 9/20. We want to stay in Paris for 6 nights and looking for a charming hotel for around $170 to $200. I think I want to stay in the 6e. Has anyone stayed in the Millesime room on the top floor of the Hotel Millesime? While it is on the top floor, it still faces the street (Rue Jacob) and as a light sleeper, I wonder if it will be too noisey. Hunter Rivage, "Hotels of Character & Charm in Paris" says it has double sloped ceiling and pretty views. IS Rue Jacob a nice place to be. Any input would be appreciated.<BR>Thanks, Karen

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Surlok

Rue Jacob is lovely! You'll find many antique shops, some bookstores, a small drugstore, and many boutique hotels, like the Millesime, Danube, D' Anglaterre, Deux Continents, Des Marronniers, La Villa..<BR><BR>Last time I stayed there it was summer, and since the hotel I was staying at, De Deux Continents, didn't have yet air conditioning, I kept the windows open, and slept well. But I'm not a light sleeper, so..<BR><BR>I can't comment on this specific room , since I haven't seen it. The hotel, however, is lovely.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>S

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 10:54 AM
GEOSF

We stayed at the Millesime in Oct 2000. Great location-an easy walk to everything. Around the corner is the street market on Rue de Buci, and 1 block to St Germain metro. We'd stay there again. bonne chance

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 12:02 PM
JOdy

We stayed there Oct 2001, and loved it. We had a superior room which faced street but with windows closed it was very quiet, also Rue jacob is a fairly quiet street. As each room is invidually air conditioned, you should have no problems. Lovely helpful staff, very nice buffet breakfast and Rue jacob is my faorite place to stay. We will be returning later this year and plan to stay there again.

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 01:59 PM
Kay

A friend stayed at the Millesime over Christmas. She said it was beautifully decorated, but her room was very very small.