Milkin' it for all it's worth - Paris RER to CDG

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2004, 05:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I have a Carte Orange weekly pass for zone 1-2, it will still be good for Sunday travel, ie. our departure to CDG from Denfert Rochereau area.
How do you ask for an RER ticket that covers the difference? and how much 'savings' is that going to give me?
If it's just too ridiculous, post one of those funny faces... Thanks!
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 10:15 PM

You'll either have to buy a separate ticket from Denfert Rochereau to CDG or get off just inside the limit of zone 2, buy a ticket to CDG, and then get back on the next train.
I asked about this once when I had to go to a zone 5 station and only had a 4-zone Carte Orange. The salesperson in the ticket booth wouldn't let me pay for a ticket for the section of the journey from zone 4-5 only.
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 08:47 AM

I was wondering if anyone had the exact answer to this question, as I had only two speculations. One was that there would be no price difference because both zones 1/2 are in the "zone urbain" of a regular metro ticket to the fare to CDG wouldn't be different. My second guess was that it might be a little different (as a Carte Orange for zones 2-5 is diff. than zones 1-5), but maybe only about one euro (the entire fare is only 7.7 euro from zone 1), and you would have to get out in zone 2 to do that so it wouldn't be worth your time. YOu could get out at Stade de France in St-Denis if you really want to, that's in zone 2.
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

Well, I won't be gettin' off the train just to save a few bucks, so as Rosanna Rosanna-Danna would say - "nevermind".
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 01:55 PM

You can just pay for your RER ticket to CDG, and save what is left on your Carte Orange until your next return to Paris.
Then keep The Carte Orange with your passport,so you don't forget it. And, voila, a nice surprise upon your next return.
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 05:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nope. The weekly coupon (a special metro ticket)that you buy expires. It is carried in the free carte orange that has your picture, and that doesn't expire but it doesn't get you anywhere either. The Carte is not a Coupon.

As far as I know, however, leftover tickets from a carnet do not expire.