I would love some guidance! My husband, 8 year old daughter and I are flying to Milan in January and 12 days later flying out of Venice. We don't expect to really spend time in Milan, just land, sleep and leave the next day.
In between we have to make at least a 2 day stop in Borgo a Mozzano to see family and know we want to spend a few days in Florence and a couple days in Venice.
Other than that, we are not sure where would be best to spend our time. We love food and wine and look forward to exploring. Thankfully our daughter is a great traveler and not a picky eater!
Our initial plan is to have a car between Milan and Florence and then turn it in and take the train from Florence to Venice. Good idea? Bad idea?
Any suggested itineraries would be so greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The World's Greatest Churches
- 2 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 3 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 4 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 5 U.K. Website & 1-Way Flight Booking Questions
- 6 Portugal
- 7 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 8 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 9 Tips for first trip to UK
- 10 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 11 Three Island Greek Itinerary
- 12 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 13 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 14 Malaga Christmas lights
- 15 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 16 Scotland ideas
- 17 Paris November 2017
- 18 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 19 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 20 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 21 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 22 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 23 London vacation rental agency
- 24 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 25 land vs river cruise