We're coming to the end of what has been a magnificent trip in Italy. The last 6 weeks have raced by.
I feel the trip won't be complete without a last minute trip to my favorite handbag store, Coccinelle.
Can you please guide me towards the best transport options.
Here are the constraints:
- We have a car and will leave from Ortisei (Dolomites). Can leave anytime in the morning.
- We need to be at Milan Malpensa by 5pm on Wednesday 13th June (8.45pm international flight, need to return car, get tax refunds etc before checking in).
- We need to fill up the car with petrol before returning.
So my questions:
1. how bad would it be to drive in Milan central?
2. would we be better to park the car on the outskirts and then train into the shop? (address is Via Manzoni ang. Via Bigli)
3. would we be better returning the car early and then taking public transport from Milan Malpensa into the city?
4. if parking in the centre, where would be a good place to park?
5. approx times would be helpful (e.g. expect the normal 1 hr drive from Milan CBD to airport to take 2 hrs not the 1 hr it might normally)
We are confident drivers but I confess I found finding a park on our day trip to Bolzano a bit stressful.
I'd be grateful for your advice and recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AVG 1800:681:7208 installations contact Tec*h supp0rt ak47baba!
- 2 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 3 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 4 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 5 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 6 Which Area in London?
- 7 Barcelona to Malaga
- 8 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 9 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 10 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 11 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 12 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 13 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 16 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 17 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 18 Paris November 2017
- 19 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 20 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 21 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 22 Transportation in Brittany
- 23 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 24 Trains - website?
- 25 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
Milan Transport Help please - Ortisei (Dolomites) -Milan CBD-Milan Malpensa