I am going to Milan in 2 weeks and would like to plan a 2 day/1 night trip to the Lake Como area.
I originally wanted to take the train from Milan to Varenna, spend the morning and afternoon there, and then take the ferry to Bellagio to stay for 1 night and spend the second day exploring Bellagio. However, I realized that there is no luggage storage facility in Varenna and while we are traveling light, I would prefer not to carry a backpack while I explore the city.
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about where to store the luggage or how I can rearrange the trip so that I can spend time in both towns without taking the ferry back and forth. We would prefer to stay in Bellagio based on current hotel prices as well as attractions in the area (hiking) since we will probably also be spending more time in Bellagio than in Varenna. I am just not sure how to explore Varenna if there is no where to put our luggage for a few hours.
We are in our 20s and would like to keep costs as low as possible (while still being comfortable) and would like to also hike and walk around the area - so any suggestions about where to visit would be helpful as well! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 2 northern Italy this fall, dolomites and piedmont
- 3 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 4 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 5 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 6 land vs river cruise
- 7 10 days in europe
- 8 Tips for first trip to UK
- 9 European honeymoon help needed
- 10 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 11 Portugal
- 12 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 13 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 14 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 15 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 16 Where to stay in Naples?
- 17 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 18 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 19 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 20 Browsing Barcelona
- 21 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 22 Malaga Christmas lights
- 23 Croatia in mid/late October
- 24 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 25 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome