I'll be in Milan in Dec for 3 nights (1 night at Malpensa) with 2 children. we plan on seeing the Duomo, Last Supper, Sforzesco Castle and doing some shopping hopefully. We are arriving via train from Venice. Still undecided whether to splurge on a private transfer to Malpensa (Eur 90) or take the Malpensa express - this will probably depend on how much luggage we have.
Am trying to decide if i shld stay in Hotel Berna near the Milan Centrale station or stay in Una Maison Milano near the Duomo. Berna is cheaper than Una and near the train station, but that would mean i have to take the subway to the sightsee.
If I chose Una, i'd have to take a cab or train from Milan Centrale upon arriving from Venice, but most of the attractions would be at my door step.
Question: is it worth spending more to stay at Una and have the convenience, or save $ and take the train to/from the sights?
Would appreciate any views from those who have been to Milan with children - please also advise if the area near the Milan Centrale is safe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 2 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 3 Which Area in London?
- 4 family trip to Germany and more
- 5 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 6 Trains - website?
- 7 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 8 Paris Apartment
- 9 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 10 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 11 Barcelona to Malaga
- 12 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 13 Milan airport--which one
- 14 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 15 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 16 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 17 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 18 1st time to Europe
- 19 Paris November 2017
- 20 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 21 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 22 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 23 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 24 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 25 St, Goar or Bacharach