Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

MILAN - need a rendevous spot in Stazione Centrale; Suggestions?

Oct 15th, 2000, 01:08 PM
Robin

I'm flying into Milan (Malpensa) airport on Friday morning and will be meeting a friend who's recently relocated up north; together we'll take the train to La Spezia.
Rather than have her trek out to the airport, we'll planning to meet at Centrale train station. Since neither of us are familiar with it, could someone advise where is a good meeting spot within the train station? Is there an "Information Booth"? Or even a "McDonald's" ? As long as there's only 1 of these so we don't end up roaming around trying to synch up.

THANKS!

Oct 15th, 2000, 01:45 PM
Big Mac

There's a McDonald's right across the street. Standing on the steps out front with the station behind you, the McDonalds is on the left.

Oct 15th, 2000, 02:36 PM
betsy

This question comes up often on this Forum. Wouldn't it be great if the big airports in the US and Europe had a place with a sign in several languages that designated a rendezvous point?

Oct 15th, 2000, 06:18 PM
Rex

On the ground floor, there is a "Biglietteria Est (Ticket Office East)" and a "Biglietteria Ovest (West)". Pick one - - either is small enough to see every one in a glance, but roomy enough to have a place to sit down - - similar in size to an average McDonald's - - if that comparison is important to you... LOL!

Best wishes,

Rex

Oct 16th, 2000, 04:52 AM
elaine

On the ground floor there is also a tourist information office at one end, that might work as well

Oct 16th, 2000, 09:07 AM
howard

How about picking a track number and waiting at the entrance to that track. You'll be able to easily spot each other.

Oct 16th, 2000, 01:52 PM
Mike

Isn't that the place with the humungous great green needle and thread sculpture stuck in the pavement outside? If it is, that would be a good spot! I can't remember for certain the name of the station where we met our friends in Milan, but we phoned them on the mobile and said we were by the "green paper clip" (not many out of ten for visual acuity), and they found us straight away! I THINK it was the Centrale.

Oct 16th, 2000, 09:37 PM
Robin

----

ALL:
Thanks for your input! Liz & I have decided to opt for Rex's suggestion and will rendevous at the the "Ticket Office East" (on Friday, 10/21 @ 10:30 am.)

Robin

P.S. COUNTDOWN is T minus 3 days !!!This is my third trip to Italy, but my first time to get to Venice.