Milan Hotels...Help!!!

Nov 27th, 1997, 05:32 PM
Phil

Milan Hotels...Help!!!

My wife and I are planning to go to Milan, Italy for the start of our 40th wedding anniversary celebration. We plan to rent a car to tour northern Italy including the Italian (Cinqueterre) and French (Nice)Rivieras, then on to Paris via northwestern France, including Annecy, Beaune, and Colmar. I am thinking of one or two days in Milan before leaving. I need the names of reasonably priced hotels, centrally located for easy sightseeing on foot. Is one or two days preferable?

Nov 29th, 1997, 08:57 AM
r bakhaus

Why spend 2 days in Milan? Stop for the day and spend the night in the country. I have been forced to stay in Milan many times to catch early flights. It is my least favorite part of traveling to Italy...and I love Italy. Take a train and avoid the hassle of driving...unless you're European and know the ropes. Driving, while affording the obvious back roads and small places, can cause immense stress on a trip that is supposed to be fun.

Have a good time...go to Venice and forget Milan!

Yes, hotels. I stay at the Hotel Florida close to the train station..walking distance actually. It is small and clean, but still expensive. Milan is VERY expensive.

Dec 6th, 1997, 09:07 AM
Debbie

I am also considering hotels in Milan. I've been doing a lot of research- the London Hotel seems to be mentioned quite often as a 2*, reasonable for Milan,($120-double)and in a central loation. I'm also considering: Hotel Manzoni (very popular) and the Antica Locanda Solferino. Has anyone ever stayed at these places and can share their experiences?
We are also considering some 4*'s ($200). Any comments on the Cavour, De La Ville or Diana Magestic? Thanks for any help.

Search this Thread