Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Milan-Have you stayed at the Antares Hotel Concorde?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 07:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just booked this hotel this morning. Is this a true four star hotel? Our train will arrive at 5:45am on a Tuesday at the Milan Centrale. What do you suggest we do while waiting to check in to our Hotel? Also, do you have any suggestions for restaurant, nightclubs, or bar and grills?

Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 07:25 PM

i stayed at the antares Hotel Rubens and enjoyed it -- are they near each other? Rubens was a 3* but the staff was very nice and helpful but not formal.
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 10:29 PM

Hello luckie, I don't know if you know this or not but in Italy the number of stars for a hotel does not indicate how lovely the hotel and rooms are. It indicates the various services that are supplied such as an onsite restaurant, room service and so forth.

As far as your early arrival you can email your hotel regarding this and I would imagine they will allow you to take your luggage there and that they will store it for you until your room is available. And with letting them know how early you are arriving in Milan if luck and good service from the hotel is with you possibly you might find you have a room available in the morning.

With your hotel being a four star they should have a breakfast room although it may not open up until 7:00am. I have always found it is difficult to find a cafe open in Milan early in the morning but a morning stroll is enjoyable as you watch the city wake up.

Well I just went to the website for your hotel and they serve a hot and cold buffet breakfast which opens at 7:00am. So by the time you get there, and take a short walk you could enjoy a lovely breakfast. And they do store luggage after a guest checks out so they do have luggage storage which means you will be able to have your luggage stored until you check into your room. It sounds like a lovely hotel! Enjoy Milan, I love that city.
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Original Poster

Hello Fishee and LoveItaly, you have been so helpful with this post and my question about the shoes. I will be leaving in the next few minutes hopefully to purchase the shoes.
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Original Poster

LoveItaly, thanks for your research. Fishee I am not sure how far Rubens is from Antares Hotel Concorde.