I've decided that because we will only be in Milan for two nights, I would rather have a hotel than an apartment. It's just a quick stop in between Switzerland and Venice, and seems so convenient. We have never been to Milan. We have three other stays on this trip and they are in apartments.
Prices for rooms in Milan for the first days of October are very high, much higher than for June. Anyway, anything with ratings I like is out of my price range.
I've narrowed my choices and see these as possibilities:
1) Hotel Berna near the Central Station, where we will arrive and depart.
2) A sort of suite or specialty lodging near the Duomo, but because it's not a hotel, if we arrive before 14:00 we probably can't leave our luggage. Reviews say that service is good, but it's much less serviced than a hotel. Daily cleaning and reservations, but no desk and breakfast is outside the building. There is a Nespresso machine which we would like. Breakfast isn't a priority.
3) skip Milan all together, taking the train from Bellinzona to Milan but transferring immediately to another destination. Was thinking of Vicenza. Would also consider Padova, because we were going to day trip there from Venice on the day that the Biennale is closed. Which would you choose?
I'm not thrilled about changing trains. I'm not working with glowing health and prefer to keep things simpler.
I would greatly appreciate feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 2 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 3 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 4 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 5 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 6 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 7 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 8 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 9 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 10 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 11 Paris November 2017
- 12 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 13 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 14 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 15 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 16 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 17 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 18 Current plan for March trip
- 19 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 20 Spain in 2018
- 21 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 22 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 23 First time in Spain
- 24 Schengen entry/exit stamps in Austria
- 25 Barcelona to Malaga