Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Milan airport to train..how long will it take

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 12:18 PM
marge

We will be arrive at 11am, coming from Turkey to Milan on Thursday, April 11th how long will it take to go through customs? Is there a shuttle or do we need to take a taxi to the centrale train station? We would like to make the 13:10 train to Trento? Thanks
Marge

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 01:19 PM
AMY

There is a shuttle from the Milan airport to centrale that leaves every 15 minutes or so - customs took me no time at all and once you come out into the main area peak around all the people waiting at international arrivals and there is a ticket booth and reader board that announces the next shuttle.
Good luck

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 01:38 PM
ellen

Just to clarify, I think Amy is referring to a bus. There is train service but it goes to the other train station in Milan.

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 02:18 PM

The bus shuttle from Malpensa is super easy to take. You literally walk outside the airport and there it is. Whisks you to Centrale in about 30 minutes. I highly recommend the shuttle bus.

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 03:05 PM
Walter

Past Post: This was from Terminal 1 and very easy, from clearing Customs after baggage claim to the ticket booth to the bus stop are all just a "stone's throw" from each other. After you clear customs and enter into the terminal, the outside door exits are all marked. Inside between exit 5 & 6 is a ticket counter with a sign above it "Airport 2000". The bus stop is outside between exits 4 & 5. So after you buy your tickets go outside thru exit 5 and turn left and 20M ahead is bus stop No.4. My bus did make 1 stop before the train station but you'll know the station, you pass under an overpass (the train tracks-hidden) and then quickly turn right & stop alongside the (long) train station. I believe the ticket was only 8,000L which surprised me because in my planning notes I had ~13,000L and I started to worry that I bought the wrong ticket. It wasn't crowded when I took it in March but I have read one post of a crowded pushy mob all trying to board the bus. So have a Plan "B", peek outside if it's crowded go downstairs and take the Malpensa Express Train http://www.ferrovienord.it/webmxp/index.html to the Cardona Train Station and then a metro or taxi to the Centrale Train Station. Regards. Walter