Milan airport

Mar 16th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Original Poster

Milan airport

What is the best way to get from the Milan Airport (MXP) to downtown hotel (Mariott). I assume a cab if true what should I expect the fare to approximate (dollars or euros). Thanks.
Mar 16th, 2008, 07:20 PM

I don't mean to sound rude, but have you done any research on your own? The Marriott website flat says the estimated cab fare is 80 euros. There are also bus options and train options available.
Mar 16th, 2008, 07:32 PM

A cab would be the most expensive way, but it would be door-to-door service. Does that make it best?

The hotel's website gives an estimate of 80 euros for cab fare from the airport. The website doesn't say if this estimate includes luggage charges, so it's possible you're looking at more like 100 euros.

Public transportation between the airport and the city center is frequent and reliable, but you would still take a cab to the hotel from either the main train station or the Cadorna Nord train station. The overall cost would probably be less than half.
Mar 16th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Original Poster

FYI, I have done some research and did see the 80 euros. But I thought this forum was for the exchange of information between and by travelers to assist others. I have almost always found that the best source of information is from individuals who have actually done it rather than trust a hotel's web site. My 2 cents!

Search this Thread