Continuing my tradition of only doing anything remotely religious when I set foot in Italy, I think I'm going to try to go to midnight mass this year.
I don't want to go to St. Mark's. I will be going to St. Mark's on Xmas morning with my group of friends.
I was thinking of perhaps someplace a bit smaller and intimate. Or not. The Frari would be lovely. Santi Giovanni e Paolo. Chiesa Santa Maria dei Miracoli. There are so many. And I have no idea if they would all do midnight mass, or just a few of them. I am near the San Stae vap stop, so that might be the best choice if they have it.
I would like to be amidst many people but not a crushing crowd such as St. Mark's. Perhaps one that would be more locals than tourists, if that is possible anymore.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 2 피망맞고 c p s 33 . c o m
- 3 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 4 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 5 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 6 GTG Paris December 2017
- 7 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 8 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 9 Barcelona to Malaga
- 10 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 11 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 12 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 13 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 14 Which Area in London?
- 15 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 16 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 17 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 18 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 19 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 20 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 21 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 22 Paris November 2017
- 23 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 24 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 25 Transportation in Brittany