Reload this Page >

Mid-Priced hotels in London

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2001, 11:18 AM
Beth

My grandmother, mother and I are all going on a trip to England. We are looking for a nice room that can accomodate 3 people as well is close to a tube stop. We would prefer a smaller hotel that has some British atmosphere. Anyone have any suggestions?

Old Jan 13th, 2001, 11:49 AM
Jen

Beth, <BR> <BR>I was in London in November and stayed at the London Guards Hotel. It was about 105 pounds for a triple room (big and nice bathroom) price included light breakfast. Close to Queensway and Lancaster Gate and Notting Hill Tube stops. It is a nice small hotel. You can check it out at the following website: <BR>http://www.demon.co.uk/hotel-uk/guards.html

Old Jan 13th, 2001, 12:05 PM
jan

My friend and I stayed at the Thistle Bloomsbury last May -- wonderfully convenient and only about $90 apiece -- a block away from the British Museum, with several tube stations nearby and a bus stop right at the front door. Good service and nice breakfasts. Though we were only 2 persons, they gave us a room with three twin beds !

Old Jan 14th, 2001, 05:59 AM
ginny

Check out the Rembrandt Hotel, I believe it's in South Kensington on Thurloe(sp) Pl. My mom, grandmother and sisters have stayed there twice and loved it. Close to tube and easy access to everything. It's a smaller Hotel and I believe the rates are very reasonable. My mom and I were considering a quick get-away in February to London and that was where we were going to stay.

Old Jan 14th, 2001, 07:13 AM
ginny

Sorry, wrong area info. Rembrandt is in Knightsbridge, 800 yards from South Kennsington tube. Check if you wish, www.rembrandthotel.co.uk.

Old Jan 14th, 2001, 03:28 PM
Linda

The Rembrandt is great---we loved the location. We are going to be staying at Bailey's--I hope we like it as well.