MID DECEMBER IN BUDAPEST

May 27th, 2016, 09:15 AM
Original Poster

MID DECEMBER IN BUDAPEST

Hi everyone,

I'm currently planing a trip of 5 (full) days in Budapest, just a week before Christmas with my wife, as first anniversary celebration.
Because of flight's reason we thought about move our trip a week early, but then we noticed all the hotel prices were much higher!
Dose anyone know if there is something interesting happening between 9-14/12 that can explain it?

Do you think there is a difference between the 9-14 and 16-21 of December?

Also, I will be happy to hear some advice about what do to and where to go...

Many thanks for the helpers
May 27th, 2016, 11:10 AM

There's a science conference Dec 7-8th but I doubt if that has anything to do with it.

I think it is just a quirk of which hotels you looked at, as I just checked 4 top hotels on booking.com (Corinithia, Sofitel,Empinski and then the NOvotel which is midrange) and their rates were all exactly the same for those two periods.

Usually rates go higher around the holidays so if anything, I would expect the ones 16-21 to be higher, although they weren't on the ones I checked.
Jun 3rd, 2016, 08:24 PM

Christina, you can hang out with us...... Okay, we will be there too, but you don't want to hang out with a couple of old fogies. We spend about every other Christmas in Budapest. The Christmas Markets will be in full swing. This is also theater season at its best. Look at the Opera House, the Operett Theater and the Liszt Academy for performances. Less formal are the Jazz Clubs. My two favorite are the Budapest Jazz Club and the Opus Jazz Club. They generally don't post their performances until about 60 days prior. You can also check here: https://www.jegymester.hu/

Search this Thread