Search

Metropole Hotel in Venice

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2004, 05:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Metropole Hotel in Venice

All,

I previously reserved three nights in Venice at the Metropole hotel. I am now having second thoughts due to the price and some things I have been reading on the service. Has anyone stayed at the Metropole and how would you rate it?

Also, can anyone recommend a nice hotel in Venice with a private bath, king bed, possible view of water, and under 200E?

Thank you!
Old Aug 8th, 2004, 08:10 AM

There must be 200 threads on that one--have you done a search? That price is surely not the Metropole, or even close. Here are some starters:
Pension Accademia
Hotel Flora
Hotel Ala
Locanda Barbarigo
Casa Rezzonico
La Calcina
Old Aug 8th, 2004, 10:23 AM

We stayed there (two rooms) in 2003. It was very, very nice and conveniently located. We used a travel agent and because the cost was bundled in with a bunch of other things didn't really realize how expensive it was until we got home. For the cost reason alone, I would probably stay somewhere else next time.
Old Aug 8th, 2004, 12:25 PM

We recently stayed at the Giorgone. No view of water, but we very much enjoyed the hotel and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. It was in a less touristy part but not more than a ten or fifteen minute walk to San Marco. I highly recommend it.
Old Aug 8th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all, bobthenavigator, I will investigate some of the hotels you listed as well as the others. Since I am saving the costly hotel for the end of our trip in Amalfi, I would like to scale back at the beginning of the trip. As I do my final calculations for the hotel cost, I cannot believe how much the cost of the Metropole is.

Thanks.
Old Aug 8th, 2004, 02:45 PM
awbaker

nicoleg -- I am staying at La Calcina in less than 2 weeks! We booked a double room, no view but with a terrace, and a single room, no view. I will try to report back on the hotel upon our return. They have several rooms with view of the Giudecca canal, and one view room with a terrace which gets booked far in advance.

Old Aug 8th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Original Poster

awbaker,

Yes, please do respond, I am trying to reserve a room there as we speak, but I have a feeling they will be booked as my husband and I leave for our trip the first week of September.

Thanks!