Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Message to Kappa (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/message-to-kappa-493642/)

i_am_kane Jan 8th, 2005 05:56 AM

Message to Kappa

Kappa, I read your review of the Foscari Palace in Venice, Italy. You mentioned that you called the hotel, and also communicated with them via e-mail.

I have searched all the web sites for this hotel (including the one you mention), but I cannot find a phone number, fax number or e-mail address.

I would appreciate it if you could provide that information to me, as I want to ask the hotel staff a specific question regarding their rooms.

Thanks so much.

damama Jan 8th, 2005 06:34 AM

try this. This is how I have communicated with them.
[email protected]

If that doesn't work, I can forward you one of their emails to me.

i_am_kane Jan 8th, 2005 07:07 AM

Thank you, dammama (I love that name). I will send an e-mail to them right now.

damama Jan 8th, 2005 07:12 AM

they are usually pretty good about replying within 24 hours. By the way, when are you going?

i_am_kane Jan 8th, 2005 09:37 AM

Damama, Our plans are a year off...April 2006, but "The early bird gets the worm." When you're talking about 10 family members, and lodging for two weeks, I feel I have to book the hotels in our preferred locations with the right price as soon as I can.

kappa Jan 8th, 2005 02:25 PM

Hi kane,

You already got the e-mail address from Damama. The following is just some extra info.

Last year, it took me some time to find the phone number of the hotel. Then, I found it on The Giannetti Hotels Group's site to which Foscari Palace belongs. When I see that site (see here-below) now, the phone/fax numbers are not of Venice proper (last year, it showed the hotel's direct numbers with city code 041 - now it's 0421 for Reservation Center). Anyway, you will see the hotels own numbers on their e-mail, so this will not be a problem for you. Also take a look at the price list on this site. While it says EUR250.00 for a superior double grand canal view for November 2004, they just gave me that room for EUR160.00 on the phone.

http://www.thegiannettihotelsgroup.c...mearrivare.asp

Two weeks in Venice? Wow, that will be so nice. With two weeks, I suppose you will even have some time to do a few day trips outside Venice. If you decide on Foscari Palace, there are a lot of good things about this hotel but especially they have this roof top terrace that gives fabulous view of Venetian roofs and the Grand Canal as I mentioned on other thread.

I hope they can already confirm your reserevation. Happy planning!

damama Jan 8th, 2005 04:19 PM

Looks like we have a three way conversation. Kappa, for when did you get such a good rate? We are going the week before Easter (2 nights) and are paying about 250 euro.

i_am_kane Jan 8th, 2005 06:14 PM

Damama, Good question about exactly when Kappa got that great room rate. I'd like to know the answer to that question also.

Kappa, I must not have been clear, our family is going to Italy for two weeks, but we are starting in Rome, and will end the trip in Venice. I really want Venice to be a memorable end to our vacation. Of course, in a perfect world, I want the entire trip to be memorable. Who knows? With a lot of planning and cooperation from everyone, it just might be the ultimate family vacation!

I sent my e-mail to the Hotel Foscari this afternoon. I'll let you know if/when I get a reply.

Thanks for all your help.

kappa Jan 8th, 2005 11:02 PM

Kane, Ok so that's 2 weeks in Italy. For a family trip, maybe that makes more sense than all 2 weeks in Venice. That will be a great trip!

Damama, As I wrote, EUR160 was for Nov.2004. I have been to Venice 5 times now in last 4 years and 4 of them were in November. I made that reservation about two months beforte. I guess your EUR250 is still a good rate considering the quality of the hotel. That's for a superior double (with G.C.view, perhaps, like mine was), isn't it?

i_am_kane Jan 9th, 2005 04:50 AM

I'm back with an answer from Foscari Palace. I asked about accommodations for 10 people in three rooms, as follows: myself and my husband (grandparents), each son (we have 2 sons) with his wife and their two children.

I told the hotel in my message that there we need to have two rooms with four people (2 adults, 2 children) in a room.

They came back with a suggestion for four rooms: one for grandparents, one for each son and wife, and one for all four children (who are cousins). The grand total is 940,00 euro per night, divided by 4 = 235,00 per room.

So, in effect, they didn't answer my question exactly the way I asked it. I don't have a clue as to why they suggested housing the children in one separate room.

I have to figure out why they didn't understand my message, and get back to them later today.

i_am_kane Jan 9th, 2005 05:12 AM

Oh, one more thing...Foscari Palace asked for one night's deposit for each room. Their cancellation policy is 14-days prior to arrival.

damama Jan 10th, 2005 05:40 PM

Kappa, you're right. It is a superior double with GC view. I guess I shouldn't complain the week before Easter. It's only money, right?