Mercure in Paris?

Aug 27th, 2003, 06:35 AM
Original Poster

Mercure in Paris?

I found rooms at the Familia - thanks to all the great information here!

However, I need to get a room for my first night of arrival as I not make it into Paris that first night. Unfortunately, many of the boutique hotels have a strict cancellation policy. Sooo, has anyone had experience with any of the Accor hotel chain or specifically the Mercure: Libertel Quartier Latin Paris Grande Tradition

It's only one night - but still would like to ensure a great experience!

Aug 27th, 2003, 07:37 AM

Hi,

I've stayed at a few Mercures, including one in Paris (Bercy). It's a large chain of hotels, which often have business people staying Monday - Thursday and tourists at the weekend, so you won't get a homely atmosphere.

But I've always had friendly and efficient service, comfortable and quiet rooms, good breakfasts, and good value for money.

Aug 27th, 2003, 07:54 AM

I'm not sure I understand your problem about not making it into Paris. I have stayed at a Libertel recently in the Latin Qtr (although not that one)--it was just a 2* near Censier metro, but was very nice for the level and they had great services. I had no complaints at all.

For one night, I would simply choose the closest hotel to the Familia that is remotely decent so I could just walk from one to the other. I think the LIbertel Quarter Latin is right near (may be why you chose it), and given it is in the higher ranks of Libertel than the one I stayed at (Tradition hotels are better ones), I'm sure it will be fine, very likely it coule be nicer than the Familia, as it's a 3* hotel, I believe.

I wouldn't worry for a minute about booking it for quality, but I'm not sure what you are saying about the cancellation policy. All hotels have one that I know, and I believe theirs is fairly standard (ie, you cannot just not show up, you must cancel in advance).
Aug 27th, 2003, 10:26 AM
Original Poster

Christina:
thanks for your reply - that's helpful to hear your experience!

My situation is unique in that I work for an airline and we fly stand-by on flights. So, I only know if I'm getting on minutes before I do. In the US this is fine - abroad, I'm a little more concerned about not having accomodations.

You're correct - they all have cancellation policies - I was just looking for one that was the most flexible. Most smaller hotels require days advance cancellation - while the Accor group allows me to cancel up to 6pm the night of stay. I'll know early in the a.m. Paris time if I'm on the flight or not.

Sorry for the lengthy description - that's why I was keeping it vague initially.

Thanks again for your help!

Search this Thread