Mephisto Shoes in Paris

Sep 24th, 2000, 10:40 AM
Marilyn Ham

Mephisto Shoes in Paris

Where is there a good selection and good pricing for purchasing a pair of these shoes in Paris?
Thanks. Marilyn

Sep 24th, 2000, 01:35 PM
Elena

I, too, am very interested in this question as I plan a trip to Paris soon. I saw a Mephisto store in Lille last December, but did not have time to stop in. My understanding is that there is no such thing as "a good price". They are the only brand of shoes I can consistently wear and fortunately have a Mephisto-only store nearby.

Sep 24th, 2000, 03:50 PM
Sherry

Marilyn: I have to tell you that I bought a pair of Mephisto shoes just recently before going to Italy. I had read about them so much on the Forum that I went to a store(in the states) and tried them. I was frankly shocked at the price. The style I bought is Rush and they were $250.00. I like them very much, but I am still trying to get over the price. So if you find that they can be bought more reasonably in France, I would be very interested to know. Thanks

Sep 24th, 2000, 07:02 PM
Anna

I recently returned from a 2 week trip and saw Mephisto's at prices much better than in the US. My husband got a pair in Brugge Belgium, we purchased them with our debit card and the total came to $112. I believe this is less than half of what we would have had to pay at home. We didn't do too much looking in Paris, but there was a shop near our hotel on rue Cler that sold Mephistos. I think most of the stores had about the same prices, so I would just check at your hotel to see where the nearest shop is that sells them.

Sep 25th, 2000, 10:57 AM
Dianne

Just before I left for Paris I Emailed Misphisto in France at [email protected] to ask for a list of stores in Paris because I was told that they were cheaper there. I also gave them my fax number and they sent me a long list of stores by FAX. However, because I waited until the last minute for this request, they sent the list after I left for Paris! I never did see a store there, but I was shocked to see the many stores on their list that I could have gone to, AFTER I returned. I can't find my list now, but I'm sure they will send you the same list if you Email them. If you have any trouble, you can Email me and I will look harder for the list.

Sep 25th, 2000, 12:37 PM
Christina

They have a web site which I thought gave addresses (www.mephisto.com or www.mephisto.fr), but you can get listings from France telecom yellow pages by going to www.pagesjaunes.fr, putting in "Mephisto" in the "nom" box and "paris" in the "localite" box and voila. There is one at 101 rue Convention in the 15th arr as I had an apt near there last summer and used to go by it--they weren't cheap to me and kind of ugly, it wasn't a huge store but completely Mephisto--I think ladies shoes were maybe about US$150, but I guess in the US they may be even more. There is also a store at 78 rue Saints Pere in the 7th arr and 107 ave Gen. LeClerc in the 14th. I've only seen the one on Convention so can't compare selections, but it wasn't that big so I might try elsewhere.

Sep 25th, 2000, 12:41 PM
Marilyn Ham

Anna - where on Rue de Cler did you stay since we will be close to there? Marilyn

Sep 25th, 2000, 07:28 PM
Anna

Marilyn,
We stayed at the Leveque. The shoe store was very small but they did show several styles for men and women. It is on the same side of the street as the Leveque or the opposite side from the post office if you come from that direction. Have a great trip!

Sep 26th, 2000, 10:28 AM
Need Shoes

Anna
Do you recall the shop name/location in Brugge that you found the shoes in? We will be in Brugge in November and if they are substantially cheaper there I would like to buy some for both of us.

Sep 27th, 2000, 12:49 PM
Anna

We bought the shoes in Brugge at a shop called Paris-Londres, located just off of the Markt on Steenstraat.

Sep 27th, 2000, 05:37 PM
kathy

Marilyn, we stayed at Champ du Mars last May and I also purchased shoes at the shoestore on Rue Cler. It was just around the corner from our hotel. I had taken a flyer with me, and the shoes were about 1/2 the cost of the Nordstrum ad. We also found the same shoes in Chartres at 1/2 the cost. Love the shoes - and they were my 1st, 2nd and 3rd pair! Enjoy your trip. Wish we were returning again this May.

Sep 28th, 2000, 04:51 AM
Mary Ann

Also for reference purposes, mephisto shoes are available in Beaune. A year ago (not quite as good exchange rate) mens shoes were running about $129, about half the US price.

Sep 30th, 2000, 04:52 PM
Anna

I saw the shoes we bought for my husband in Brugge at Nordstrom today for $310! He agrees that they are the most comfortable shoes he has ever had (now he knows why I like the shoes so much). We both stand 8-9 hours per day at work and the shoes are awesome.