Reload this Page >

Men's clothing attire

Search

Men's clothing attire

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2000, 07:31 AM
Mike

Men's clothing attire

I will be in Paris for two months this summer and am interseted in knowing what to pack for clothes. I plan on doing a little sightseeing during the day, and hitting the dance club scene at night. I am 22 years old, and want to know what would be proper dress to fit in with the Parisians. Any help would be great. <BR> <BR>Thanks

Old Apr 19th, 2000, 07:37 AM
jason

no baseball hat/no shorts--sucks when its 90 degrees out

Old Apr 19th, 2000, 08:28 AM
kate

Black and other dark colors, no blue jeans or sneakers.

Old Apr 19th, 2000, 01:16 PM
Steve

Sorry to disagree with Kate. Blue Jeans are fine almost everywhere. June-August can be quite hot, Khakis and a nice shirt...no problem. I was in Paris 3 weeks ago and Parisians do wear baseball style hats and funky clothes. You are 22!!! Enjoy yourself!!

Old Apr 19th, 2000, 01:29 PM
elvira

Check out the French magazines like Paris Match for photos of street scenes, movie openings, etc. to get an idea what French people actually wear. The ads will also give you a feel for their style. <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 19th, 2000, 04:05 PM
kate

Well, Steve, Mike wants to fit in in clubs, where I didn't see a lot of blue jeans, I saw a lot of black.

Old Apr 19th, 2000, 04:33 PM
Donna

Black is a good choice, but at 22, you can get away with just about anything (except shorts and white sneakers). You might want to budget for a new outfit once you're there and check out the "scene".

Old Apr 20th, 2000, 04:44 AM
Vincent

This question is as much a trap as the actual attire is, because, yes, all "American" pieces of clothing are worn by young Parisians. But the brands, and most of all the way of wearing them are not the same. Some things are definitely out, though: jeans with zippers and/or without any belt, bright white sneakers, coats with sneakers (but you will be there in the summertime). You know what: given the current strength of the dollar vs the Euro, why don't you pack light and make your own shopping at hip and cheap local stores, such as H&M, Zara, or stores in the Marais area. And, by the way, shorts - Banana Republic type - are OK in the day time (a definite no no for clubbing, though, except on the Riviera).

Old Apr 20th, 2000, 06:49 AM
TW

Mike - <BR>You wouldnt wear shorts to a nightclub here in the U.S. either, I would assume. <BR>Europeans really aren't into the Gap, AF look from what I can tell. Wear what you would wear to a club in any major city in the U.S. and you'll do fine.