Search

men's clothing

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 04:19 PM
byrd

men's clothing

I've read a lot about what women wear in Europe,, black etc., but what do men wear? Are khakis and cotton shirts ok?

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 06:59 PM
xx

yes..so much nicer than jeans

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 11:40 PM
Martine

Beware of sneakers!

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 11:47 PM
europeangirl

... and no white socks, please, if any.

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 11:49 PM
Here

Come ON!! How many times?!! Wear what you feel comfortable in. FULL STOP. PERIOD.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 12:06 AM
Martine

Don't get angry, let's amuse ourselves!

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 12:08 AM
So Dull

Why the obsession with what to wear in Europe? How many European posts say what should I wear in America? Zero.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 12:13 AM
spoon

sarongs, crop tops and sling back shoes are very popular with European men at the moment, so if you want to blend in....

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 01:10 AM
howto

From the top<BR><BR>Yankees baseball hat<BR>Aviator sun glasses<BR>Hawaiian shirt<BR>A camera the size of a small suitcase<BR>Plaid shorts<BR>White knee socks<BR>Sandles<BR><BR>A vast belly is optional.<BR><BR>Normal conversation should be conducted at a moderate bawl, everyone speaks American English, so if they appear not to understand shout louder, "greenbacks are the universal curreny and every restaurant serves Tex Mex, and are lying if they say they don't.<BR>

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 04:45 AM
Skippy

<BR>Khakis are whaki<BR>Jeans are kean<BR>No one cares<BR>As long as you're clean

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 05:08 AM
Texas

Byrd, everyone in Europe wears snake skin cowboy boots, a 10-gallon hat, and a huge belt buckle.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 06:12 AM
dresser

Khakis and cotton shirts are fine, but if you end up looking like a young (or old) preppy, well, that's not how people dress here. No pink or yellow shirts, no penny loafers, and as the guy before said, no white socks. Unless you're heading for the golf course. Anyway - why don't you be daring and go to a basic department store here in Europe, and get some stuff that everyone else buys? Then you'll see...

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 06:33 AM
Edward

Byrd<BR>if it helps, based on many trips I have come up with a basic wardrobe that seems to work well. This assumes you will not need dressy clothes like a suit for dining. I have used this on previous trips and plan to do so again next month for 11 days in Scotland and Ireland:<BR><BR>2 pair black pants <BR>1 pair gray pants<BR>1 pair jeans<BR>1 gray light sweater<BR>2 mock turtle neck long sleeve shirts (one gray, one reddish/maroon)<BR>1 button up dress shirt that goes with gray sweater<BR>1 thin blue pull over (sweat shirt style but nicer)<BR>1 long sleeve gray t shirt<BR>2 pair black shoes, one walking, one pair a bit dressier<BR>1 rain jacket<BR>1 wool cap <BR>adequate socks and underwear<BR><BR>I find that this combo allows me to mix up everything and I am well covered for 10-12 days. Also allows me to pack everything in one small suitcase with room left over. Some people will dis the jeans, but I find them quite usefule, especially on those days spent driving around the countryside and visiting rural sites.<BR><BR>Hope this is of value

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 04:23 AM
Charles

I wear a suit and tie at all times and never feel out of place. Taste matters you know.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 05:25 AM
x2x

As long as you wear clothing-any type of clothing-you'll be okay.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 06:06 AM
L.L. Bean

what if the resort is clothing optional? what kind of optional clothes does that mean?

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 06:11 AM
xxx

Your choice

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 12:06 PM
jr

Eddie,<BR><BR>You sound like a great dresser! To bad more men don't care about what they look like at home, work or travel!

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 12:23 PM
x

Eddie, a great dresser? Oh jeeeeez, black, grey, blue - oh, mix and match, mix and match. Oh, orig, orig, orig. Get out the color charts, where'd he get the ideas, Home Depot Paint Dept.? Adequate underwear. Yo!!!!! Sounds like jr. packing for camp. Wool cap - ohhhhh, noooo! Bolo tie, oh yes.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 12:29 PM
tee

If in France, a red and white striped t-shirt with a red scarf, is a must. <BR><BR>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -