Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Membership to Historic Royal Palaces (Tower, HCP, etc)
Notices

Membership to Historic Royal Palaces (Tower, HCP, etc)

Mar 12th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Original Poster

Membership to Historic Royal Palaces (Tower, HCP, etc)

Hi folks,

Just out of curiosity, I looked at pricing for the HRP membership... which in our case would get us into the Tower and HCP. (Unsure yet whether we'll have a stroll over to Kensington Palace, too).

It turns out that the price of membership for our family is within a few pounds of the price I'd pay for the Tower and HCP, even using the 2-for-1 plan. If we add in Kensington Palace, it more than pays for itself.

Do members skip the long queues to enter? If so, then that's a big plus for me, especially at the Tower.

It's unlikely we'll have enough time to go more than once to any venue, but who knows... maybe my kids will want to split their Tower visit into two days?

Am I nuts in considering this? Has anyone else from the US joined the membership?
Mar 13th, 2015, 07:35 AM

When we went, mind you, it was NOT "low-season", but we still did not find the lines too bad. We had plenty of time to see other sites in the day. I know it CAN get crazy, though, and if you have a tight itinerary, you might miss some things you really want to see.

I love the palaces, but personally, I'd only look at something like this if there was something "more" that you'd be able to see at any one place rather than the usual. For example, if you could get into usually inaccessible areas at the Tower, that would be worth it to me. Otherwise, I've been to the Tower 3 times in my life and don't remember wishing I'd paid more to get in faster.

Thanks.

Search this Thread