Reload this Page >

Meeting up w/16 yr old at Heathrow

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2001, 10:11 PM
abby

I'll be meeting up with my 16 yr old at Heathrow on an upcoming trip. As it is a such a large airport, I'm a little worried. The BA phone rep says I can meet him at the arrival gate. This is correct, isn't it? <BR> <BR>Those of you familiar with the airport, where would be a PLAN B/good place to meet up IF I was detained and was unable to meet him at the gate? <BR> <BR>Anyone able to run me through this?

Old Oct 11th, 2001, 10:30 PM
Carla

Abby, <BR> <BR>Is your son coming from the U.S. into Heathrow? If so, he should be arriving at Terminal 4, and there is just one arrivals exit, very easy to meet someone at. All arriving passengers are funnelled through the same door into a narrow aisle lined with greeters. I used to pick up my teenager there with no problem; it would have been hard to miss each other. <BR> <BR>As a back-up -- there used to be a WH Smith newsagent/bookstore near the arrivals gate. But I'd opt for just telling him to stay by the arrivals door. <BR> <BR>Sorry, I don't know about the other terminals. <BR>

Old Oct 11th, 2001, 10:32 PM
Beth Anderson

I woul say, make sure you have the right terminal, and meet him in baggage if you cannot meet him at the gate. <BR> <BR>

Old Oct 11th, 2001, 10:33 PM
Carla

P.S. The arrivals gate I described is AFTER passport check, luggage pick-up and customs, which he will go through by himself. <BR> <BR>Then, as I say, he'll be funnelled through to you. It's quite easy.

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 04:20 AM
snorkelman

last time i was in london a friend of mine arranged for us to meet in heathrow at a burger king - well he thought that there was only one burger king - but there were 2. Sticking to the terminals is a better idea but the person that is sitting around waiting will get bored. expect that.

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 06:15 AM
xxx

You have doubts about the info that BA gave you, yet you ask people here? Mind boggling to me.

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 11:19 AM
abby

He is coming from the U.S. Thank you for the details, carla & beth. I wasn't sure he'd go through passport check, luggage and customs first before arrival gate. And I'll stick with picking him up at the gate, as some of you advise. Thanks for the reassurance! <BR> <BR>xxx, take a chill pill or something, you sound rather hateful today. It's mind boggling to me how many hateful people are out there.