Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   mediterra holidays (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/mediterra-holidays-1045845/)

gaiwynn May 19th, 2015 01:43 PM

mediterra holidays

My husband and I wish to go to Turkey and Greece for 21 days with this company but are having some difficulties. They seem to not reply to e-mails for a week at a time. Does anyone know of them? reputation? I am starting to get worried about booking with them

BigRuss May 19th, 2015 01:47 PM

Never heard of them. Would not go with any company that doesn't contact me back within a day or two. Even the Greeks have modern computers and internet.

Sassafrass May 19th, 2015 01:50 PM

Why bother with any company that you feel uncomfortable with before you even book? Usually nothing gets better after they have your money. If they do not respond now, what if you have a serious problem or emergency later?

Oh, not clear. Have you already booked? If so, then I have no advice, except cancel. If not, then don't book with them.

janisj May 19th, 2015 05:07 PM

They have really excellent reviews . . . BUT the most recent is from three years ago. Are you sure they are even still in business????

Heimdall May 20th, 2015 12:37 AM

It's very easy to put together a do-it-yourself holiday in Greece, and I'm sure the same would be true of Turkey. If you haven't already booked with Mediterra, consider using the helpful advice here on Fodor's and make your own bookings.

clausar May 20th, 2015 01:57 AM

"Even the Greeks have modern computers and internet"
Is this a bad joke?

clausar May 20th, 2015 02:00 AM

Googling Mediterra Holidays resulted with a company
with a company with the following address :

Mediterra Holidays, Erenkoy Mah. Fahrettin Kerim Gokay Cad. No:276/7 Kadikoy, Istanbul, Turkey
Worldwide Call Center : +90 216 478 61 82

dancegirl Jun 8th, 2015 08:04 AM

We just booked a trip to Turkey with Mediterra Holidays. Since we had several questions we communicated almost daily over the course of two weeks with Okkes who replied quickly by email and phone. Hopefully we will be OK. Prior to booking we checked TripAdvisor and confirmed that they are a member of ASTA. Okkes could not have been more professional.

Sassafrass Jun 8th, 2015 10:00 AM

Dancegirl just joined to respond only to this post. Sorry, hope I am wrong, but I question the motive.

Gaiwynn, planning a trip to Turkey is just as easy as Italy and perhaps even a bit easier than Spain. You can do a trip to Turkey without any problems on your own, I was nervous about it, but got help from people here and it was actually the easiest trip we have done in years. Hotels I worked with responded promptly and were more helpful than any I have stayed in in any other country. It is a beautiful country with kind and helpful people. Go for doing it yourself. That way, you can tailor it specifically to your interests and time frame.