I posted another thread asking about sights to see in Scotland and timing (thanks for the help to those that contributed) and now have another question: What is the best way to travel around Scotland?
Seeing as this is the first trip to Scotland for the Other Half and I, we're probably going to be sticking to the main routes and sights and therefore, I think we'll really only need bus and/or rail for getting around. Any cost/ time advantages to one or the other? (or should we be considering other modes of travel??)
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 2 Looking for B&B Recommendations Killarney Ireland
- 3 Driving from Bouzies to Figeac
- 4 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 5 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 6 Finally The Bowl Has Begun
- 7 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 8 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 9 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 10 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 11 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 12 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 13 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 14 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 15 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 16 Easter Week in Italy
- 17 Moscow Hotels
- 18 Rome Hotel
- 19 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 20 Getting around Lisbon
- 21 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 22 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 23 Trains - website?
- 24 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 25 Paris November 2017