Reload this Page >

McDonalds in France

Search

McDonalds in France

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:01 PM
xxx

McDonalds in France

On CNN Crossfire it was stated that France's McDonalds have the warning on the packaging that eating at McDonalds more than once a week may not be healthy. Is this true?

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:10 PM
RAE

Yes, it is true. Eating at McDonald's more than once a week is not healthy.<BR><BR>

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:14 PM
xxx

Glad to see that ridiculous lawsuit blaming McDonald's for people's obesity was thrown out. There is some hope for the legal system yet.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:18 PM
xxx

Thank God for McDonalds in Europe. It's a place to get a coke at a reasonable price and they don't charge or lock you out of the restroom.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:32 PM
traveler

visited a mc donalds in dresden 10/02 and there was an attendant collecting at the entrance of the hallway to the restrooms. we had purchased food and still had to pay. we experienced this twice in the past few months and i think the other place was in london.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:58 PM
Ronald

WRONG!! it was a McDonalds advertisment that ran early 02 in which McDonald's France stated that the number of visits to its outlets should be limited. &quot;There is no reason to eat excessive amounts of junk food, nor go more than once a week to McDonald's.&quot;

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:47 PM
StCirq

I would say that eating at MacDonald's even once a week is not healthy. I can't even drive by a MacDonald's without holding my nose from the smell.<BR><BR>And yes, MacDonalds in France have started charging for using the restrooms, in the time-honored tradition of the French, though I don't know if they have the aproned matrons outside collecting the euros yet.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:27 AM
xxx

My strangest souvenir from a trip to France 2 years ago is a map of the country showing locations for every McDonalds. To me, it is really ODD (and funny) a that country so famous for its superb cuisine would be enthusiastic for junk food!!! I think the unhealthy part of fast food goes beyond the quality of the hamburgers. The process of cooking at home and sharing a home-cooked meal with loved ones is getting lost on the road.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:35 AM
what????????

xxx<BR>uh, excuse me, but isn't it a bit hard to furnish &quot;home cooked meals&quot; when you are on the road? Get a grip man, get a grip. The grease has gone to your head and you are not thinking clearly.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:50 AM
Jim

My wife and I spent three weeks in London several years ago with a side trip to Paris on the Eurostar. Quite frankly we were &quot;baguetted&quot; out for lunch options by that time, and couldn't resist the McDonalds opposite the Gare du Nord station. The Big Mac meals fries and Cokes really seemed to hit the spot at the time, and we laughed that we had to travel all the way to Paris to eat at McDonalds.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:08 AM
jj

After too many breakfasts of lunchmeat and bread, I too gave in to the McDonald breakfast. Their egg mcmuffin is better and cheaper as is the large serving of orange juice. The coffee too is more to my liking. Now, I must sadly admit, that I will go to Micky D's for breakfast when I am touring in France and Italy.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:15 AM
get over it

I ate at a McDonalds in the heart of Paris. it was filled with the FRENCH.<BR>So please never go to a French restaurant in America, you French patroit leftist Poodle tooting comme!!!!<BR>You might turn into a French woman with arm pit hair. LOL

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:20 AM
sandy

I can just imagine Fodors deleting a comment such as &quot;get over it&quot;.<BR><BR>I think its humorous and fits in with the original post. I hope Fodors doesn't have a bunch of PC editors with no sense of humor.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:39 AM
Grease Maven

I dont understand how the French and other country's citizens as well, resent McDonalds being in their cities. If they didn't eat there themselves, McDonalds wouldn't be there, it is economics afterall. They can't just be in business for American tourists, so some locals have to be eating there, &quot;horreurs&quot;!

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 08:39 AM
Cynical

McDonalds have some very slick marketing campaigns and attract a 'dumb' bunch of people who think it's healthy quick eating.<BR><BR>I hear McDonalds are shutting down all over France. Yipppy!!

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 08:48 AM
bill

I don't think people eat McDonald's food because it's healthy. They eat it because it's fast, cheap, and tastes good to most people.

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 09:15 AM
JP

Cynical, there are more than 900 McDonald's restaurants in France, and more are being added each year. Who told you they were shutting down? A little birdie?

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 09:34 AM
kate

They're shutting a number down in the UK, including central London. I think the burger bubble has finally burst, and and the trend seems to be that people are finding equally tasty and more healthy lunches elsewhere.

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 09:42 AM
k

Can I eat what I want to eat? Lets start a war over it already!

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 10:12 AM
xxx

In London, I have yet to come across a McDonald's which charged for using the facilities; even in the heart of Picadilly Circus unlike other restaurants which put up that stupid sign that restrooms are for customers only.<BR><BR>OTOH in Paris, many of the McD's charge for using the facilities.<BR><BR>Oh for a law such as they had one time in Toronto (or may still have I don't know) which prohibits restaurants from restricting access to the restrooms for their customers only.<BR><BR>Same thing is true for hotels...I have never gone into a hotel in London and had the slightest difficulty in using a rest room while sometimes in Paris, the filthy doorpeople don't let you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -