Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Mayfair Hotels: Flemings Mayfair, Chesterfield Mayfair or Green Park Hotel. Any Comments.

Mayfair Hotels: Flemings Mayfair, Chesterfield Mayfair or Green Park Hotel. Any Comments.

Aug 29th, 2001, 11:17 AM
Besty

Hi All,
Interested in staying the Mayfair section of London on an upcoming trip. I have been fortunate enough to stay at Brown's a few times and now I'm spoiled. Also like the convenience of the Green Park tube stop. So easy to get to everything. Looking for a hotel in the 150-175 pounds range. I have reseached past threads on this forum for comments relative to Flemings, Chesterfield and Green Park and cannot find any current posts. Has anyone stayed at any of these hotels within the past year? Any comments would be most appreciated.

Aug 29th, 2001, 04:41 PM
Kathy

Betsy We've stayed at the Green Park hotel on half moon street in Mayfair twice in the last four years.Nice hotel,nothing fancy,great location!Flemings is across the street and the chesterfield is around the corner.I believe the Chesterfield's rooms have been recently remodled. My husband and I stayed at the Mayfair Intercontinental last April which is right around the corner from the other hotels and got a great rate of 169 pounds which included breakfast, booked on londontown.com. Give them a try. By the way, we had a lovely tea at Brown's. Would love to stay there next visit in London. The Intercontinental's rooms were very nice and huge by London standards. . .

Aug 29th, 2001, 04:52 PM
Topper

topping.......

Aug 30th, 2001, 06:22 AM
Betsy

Kathy,
Thank you very much for your response. 169 pounds is definately a good rate for the Mayfair Intercontinental. I will check out the Londontown.com website. We are thinking of the off-season, either New Year's or mid-March. If you get a chance to stay at Brown's I would recommend it, I'm sure you would be pleased.
PS: Topper-thanks for topping.

Aug 30th, 2001, 02:01 PM
anne

I am just booking a London trip with my 16 year old daughter. Two years ago I took my other daughter to London adn we stayed a the Flemings Mayfair. I was very leased with it. It is small and quaint. Nice location. Nice size rooms.Limited room sevice.
I am currently deciding between the Park Lane Hotel and the Flemings Mayfair for this upcoming trip. I think we are leaning toward Park Lane.

Aug 30th, 2001, 02:25 PM
Dan

Ditto on the Mayfair Intercontinental. Just stayed there in July. Very nice, large room. Food service excellent. Breakfast and lunch quite enjoyable. Didn't eat dinner there. Green Park tube stop right around corner. Have also stayed at Brown's in the past, but no longer can afford it.