Reload this Page >

May trip to Italy

Search

May trip to Italy

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 12:41 PM
Dana

May trip to Italy

I am at the beginning stages of planning a 10 day trip to Italy in the beginning of May. I want to be able to see as much of the country as possible, but I still want to be able to see Rome, Florence, and Venice. Any suggestions for where to go, how to do it (i.e. train, car or cruise) and what to do?

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 12:45 PM
Ira

Hi Dana,<BR> Looks like you have your trip already done.<BR><BR> Rome 3 days<BR> Florence 3 days<BR> Venice 3 days<BR> Return to Rome from Venice. 1 day

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 01:07 PM
Rex

It's almost an inherently impossible goal, and it depends so much on what you mean see the &quot;country&quot; - - see the &quot;countryside&quot;? - - or see more of its famous destinations in various towns?<BR><BR>Takeing a flying leap here, I would recommend:<BR><BR>Fly to Milan (or Verona); train to Verona and spend overnight of day 1 there.<BR><BR>Day 2. early morning train to Venice; overnight there<BR><BR>Day 3. Late in the afternoon, rent a car from Venice (this assumes that you are not traveling solo and can amortize the car rental cost among one or more other travelers). Choose a detination within two hours of Venice.<BR><BR>Days 4,5,6 - all depends on what you might like to see in Tuscany, Umbria, Rieti, the Veneto or Lombardy - - just to mention a few (choose one). End up in Florence for day and/or night 6.<BR><BR>Day 7. Train to Rome<BR><BR>Day 10. Fly home from Rome.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 01:08 PM
me

Try flying &quot;open jaw&quot; - into one city (say Venice) and out of another (say Rome) to avoid having to waste a half day travelling back to the city you need to arrived in. This way your only car/train travel is in between the two cities, not back to one of them.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 02:27 PM
up

topping, for Dana<BR>