Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   May/June 01 Honeymoon Itinerary Feedback: Tremezzo, Capri, & Sorrento (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/may-june-01-honeymoon-itinerary-feedback-tremezzo-capri-and-sorrento-110408/)

Melissa Mar 6th, 2001 12:59 PM

May/June 01 Honeymoon Itinerary Feedback: Tremezzo, Capri, & Sorrento

I'm just in the home stretch of finalizing my honeymoon itinerary and would love some feedback. We're flying into Milan and staying at the Grand Hotel Tremezzo on Lake Como for 4 nights. Then we're flying to Naples and driving to Capri. We're staying at Casa Morgano for 3 nights and then driving to Sorrento to stay at Parco dei Principe for 3 nights. I am anxious to hear feedback about any of these hotels or simply the areas. We did the big city tour right after college so we're looking for relaxation and romance on this trip. All of the great hotels we read about in Capri and Positano were all booked, but we were able to grab these two. Any advice or words of wisdom?

Carey Mar 6th, 2001 01:27 PM

well, hate to tell you, but you will not be able to drive to capri. you can take a boat.

Melissa Mar 6th, 2001 01:56 PM

Yes, I guess you're right. I thought the travel agent mentioned something about putting the car on a ferry but from the sound of your reply, this doens't sound possible. I guess we'll just take the hydrofoil from Naples to Capri and then from Capri to Sorrento. Thanks for your feedback. I hadn't really thought of the logistics!

John Mar 6th, 2001 02:43 PM

Happy Honeymoon. <BR> <BR>Would look for that 'special' music box in Sorrento as a momento of your visit. Visit the factories for something really special. <BR> <BR>Do not miss the Amalfi Coast if you have not been there. <BR> <BR>Would suggest that you might want to look at the Best Western in Paestum - South of the Amalfi Coast if you have an extra day or two. <BR> <BR>This hotel is the least expensive wonderful hotel, with private beach that I have experienced around the globe. Excellent personal service. Near some wonderful Greek ruins. <BR> <BR>If you are looking for romantic relaxation, you could not do better. Just slightly South of the beaten track.

Melissa Mar 7th, 2001 07:16 AM

John, <BR> <BR>Thanks for the advice. We will have a car there so it might be worth a day trip! Will definitely check out music boxes in Sorrento. Thanks!

mari Mar 7th, 2001 07:36 AM

John, I have been to Sorrento before but always thought the area "specialty" were the lovely cameos from the Naples/Torre del Greco area. This trip I'll have to try to locate the music boxes - any suggestions where to find them?

Melissa Mar 13th, 2001 07:32 AM

Back to Carey's comment on the car in Capri... the travel agent is suggesting taking the car on a ferry to Capri to aleviate the hassle of returning a car and then renting another one and also for the convenience of taking a driving tour of the island. I've heard that you don't really need a car in Capri but it may be worth it for us. Any comments? Any feedback on the hotels?