Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (
-   Europe (
-   -   May Have to Change Travel Dates-Should we Change Itinerary? (

stillhouse Oct 24th, 2007 05:51 PM

May Have to Change Travel Dates-Should we Change Itinerary?
My friend and I are scheduled to visit Portugal 11/3-11/17. Due to medical issues, we may have to postpone until next spring (April or early May, June) or fall (Oct or Nov). The trip we planned for Nov includes

Lisbon, Sintra area, Conimbriga, Serra da Estrella, Marvao, Evora, the Algarve, and points in between. We didn't plan on visiting more northern parts of Portugal because we anticipated wet, cooler weather.

If we have to reschedule, when should we go and should we reroute our trip?

suze Oct 25th, 2007 07:17 AM

stillhouse, you might want to get Portugal into the title of your post

Vannah Oct 25th, 2007 08:06 AM

What happens when one needs to postpone a holiday after everything has been booked. Do you incur lots of penalties from the airline and hotels?

stillhouse Oct 26th, 2007 07:35 PM


Continental charges a $200 per ticket change fee. In terms of hotels, most of the ones we booked only require 48 hours cancellation notice. In one instance we booked through a service and will lose the deposit of about 12E.

janisj Oct 26th, 2007 07:43 PM

Stillhouse: suze gave you good advice. You should re-post w/ a better title. "May Have to Change Travel Dates-Should we Change Itinerary?" could be asking anything about anywhere in Europe.

I'd try something like "Autumn Portugal itinerary. Rescheduling to Spring. Should we change anything?"

Seems wordy but that is what you are asking about . . . . .

suze Oct 27th, 2007 09:26 AM

ttt for Portugal

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:11 AM.